Paul Lago Mersino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
James
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Paul Lago Mersino

Post by James » 07 Jan 2016, 17:53

suanj wrote:James,
if the Archdiocese replied so, you can be very sure that they will search.
It is no more necessary to contact father attilio, because he don't know who is the repository of Church records before of 1836... we must also think that from 1817 to this our year, so many wars and what happened to this Church records.. but normally I can say that the priests had and have the max possible attention for the Church records, so my hope is that they was sent in the Archdiocese archive... if the Archdiocese will find they can relay the baptism certificate directly to you...
abt military records, to search in the archive is a bit long and it is necessary much experience and much patience, and it is also necessary that the documents are available.... but better don't lost the hope.. we wait the Archdiocese reply ....
best regards,
suanj
We will wait their reply! Would there be any use sending a message to Borzonasca? -> comune.borzonasca@pec.it
James

James
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James » 16 Jan 2016, 05:15

The church they got married in got in touch with me and sent me photocopies of the actual documents... Super improved quality:

http://jamesquandahl.com/wp-content/upl ... age%20Scan

Borsano Italia

Is that a different place completely than we were originally thinking?

Stato Italia
Regione Lombardia
Provincia Varese
Comune Busto Busto Arsizio

Is this a completely different place than we emailed in Borzocana Genova?
James

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj » 16 Jan 2016, 07:05

James,
the link don't work, the download is abt a unreadable txt... Abt the birthplace, I thinked Borzone hamlet of Borzonasca town, Genova province, Liguria region. The more probable....
In other document, if I remember well, Paul stated Genova birthplace... so almost the province must be right....
Busto Arsizio, Varese province, Lombardia region seeming no pertinent to me...
best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

James
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James » 16 Jan 2016, 18:02

suanj wrote:James,
the link don't work, the download is abt a unreadable txt... Abt the birthplace, I thinked Borzone hamlet of Borzonasca town, Genova province, Liguria region. The more probable....
In other document, if I remember well, Paul stated Genova birthplace... so almost the province must be right....
Busto Arsizio, Varese province, Lombardia region seeming no pertinent to me...
best regards,
suanj
Here is the screenshot of the image I uploaded (attached).. The file was HUGE so that is why you probably could not see it.

Please let me know if your thoughts are still the same as before!

Thanks,

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj » 16 Jan 2016, 18:22

Yes, Borsono ( no Borsano) but Borsono, and because Borzone in Genova dialect is spelled Borson with "s" , I don't have doubts....
Borzonasca must be the his birthplace, in particular Borzone.. in Archdiocese if they have the Church records, they can search also in some other parish of Borzonasca....
I remain of my idea abt birthplace... the problem are abt availability of records...!
best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

James
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James » 17 Jan 2016, 23:33

suanj wrote:Yes, Borsono ( no Borsano) but Borsono, and because Borzone in Genova dialect is spelled Borson with "s" , I don't have doubts....
Borzonasca must be the his birthplace, in particular Borzone.. in Archdiocese if they have the Church records, they can search also in some other parish of Borzonasca....
I remain of my idea abt birthplace... the problem are abt availability of records...!
best regards,
suanj
Would the archives attempt a search and provide an official document of his birth if I vowed to make a cash donation? I am running out of ideas.
James

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj » 18 Jan 2016, 07:28

The Archdiocese archivist said that he will search.. but I don't know if he will find, because no one know where are the Abbey baptism record prior of 1836 .. and if they still exist or they was destroyed in some way... so many years passed from 1817...
the option are 2 to have a dual citizenship helpful certificate:
1. military record in Genova State's Archive (and the Archive replied)
2. baptism record by Borzone's Abbey ( Father Attilio replied) or by Archdiocese archive ( and we wait the result of search)
-------------------------
a donation after the success search can be helpful, but now... we don't know if the baptism record still exist...
it could be possible also that Paul was baptized in some other Church of Borzonasca, but really this is a strange idea.... having the Abbey in the Borzone village, why to go in Borzonasca Church?
I don't have further options.... we wait the Archdiocese reply abt the search....
Best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

James
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James » 16 Mar 2016, 16:17

Hello again... Yesterday I received an email from the researcher I tasked to finish the work we started. They took all the information we pieced together and FOUND PAUL MERSINO'S MILITARY RECORD... Without all of the assistance provided by suanj, it would have never been possible. There was no way we could search the Genova archives remote, so someone had to go look by hand. And they did it!

We had the commune... right.
Fathers name... right.
Mothers name... right. [Even though the marriage record had a discrepancy, it was truly Brizzolara as we expected]

http://www.jamesquandahl.com/wp-content ... 0birth.jpg

To those of you that are working on a similar task... Don't wait, don't procrastinate, each day you wait another record could be gone forever. Most of the documents I have came across there is ZERO digital copies of, only one original. Some of them have been destroyed and confirmed destroyed or lost.

Thank you again for all of your help. Without this forum I would not know what I know today.

James
James

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj » 16 Mar 2016, 18:40

Wonderful!
I was right to 100%... I was sure abt my search, to 100%! Success!
Thankls for let us know!
Regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mataco

Claudio Plescovich

Post by mataco » 31 Jul 2016, 01:36

Señor Plescovich

seria tan amable de contactarme ya que para mi es imposible entrar a su casilla de correo.

Si este mensaje es leido por algun miembro del foro le agradeceria se lo hiciera llegar al Sr. Claudio Plescovich, ya que como soy nuevo en el foro, no se donde insertar el mensaje.

Muchas gracias

mataco
mataco567@yahoo.es