familycrest/coat of arms

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rcucina

familycrest/coat of arms

Post by rcucina »

where can I go to get information about my family's coat of arms?
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: familycrest/coat of arms

Post by VaDeb »

What is the surname and what town in Italy is the surname from? Do you have reason to believe your family has a coat of arms?
rcucina

Post by rcucina »

I have a document dated 1929 from the Archivic Araldico Cimino Fondato 1799 via s. francesso savarino n.9 casella postale 115 vol 8 numero 3838. This document provides a picture of the coat of arms and a brief write up about my family's history(written in italian) that needs to be translated. I would send these to you but for some reason the site will not accept my attachments. I really would like to know how the coat of arms came to be and what it means. Any help would be appreciated.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Sounds like a wonderful family heirloom, but I don't have the skills to translate that document.

Use ImageShack http://www.imageshack.us/ to post your document. Hopefully Suanj will see this post and translate. Her knowledge of Italian historyand geography really bring insights to this type of thing.