Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mikenz

Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona

Post by mikenz » 17 May 2016, 12:13

I am looking for any information or connection with my great grandfather Antonio Salvatore. We believe he came from Loreto near Ancona as that is the information we have from his marriage to Mary Barry in New Zealand in 1854.

Antonio was a sailor who travelled to the Philippines and America before settling in Riverton, New Zealand as a fisherman.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mikenz

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona

Post by suanj » 18 May 2016, 10:29

Hi,
you could show us marriage record? Maybe enlarged abt the birthplace... I have some doubt abt Loreto, because Salvatore is a surname of southern Italy especially, and maybe he coming from Loseto and no Loreto... and you can say us the his probable birth year and any further details?
Thanks,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Re: Antonio Salvatore - Loreto near Ancona

Post by Marcas » 02 Dec 2016, 23:23

Mr Mikenz,
The surname was present only in the form SALVATORI (notice the little diff) in and near Loreto since '700. I can enumerate not one, but several families carring surname SALVATORI around the 1840 period. Note that the amount of possible connections rise rapidly if the look for any SALVATORI near Ancona, Marche region.

As my pal said, I'll need more details about said Antonio to narrow it down to a probable one road to your ancestry.

Your sincerely,
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...