ordering documents from Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lcj7894
Rookie
Rookie

ordering documents from Italy

Post by lcj7894 »

I'm in contact with the state archives in Avellino in regards to my great grandfather's military documents. They said they have the documents but I would need to send money over for photocopies. I've never sent money through the mail before and i'm just a bit hesitant about it. Am I able to make out a money order to them through the bank? Any helpful tips? I'll post the reply that I got from them about the photocopies. They said they found two A3 format documents all about his military history.

-Lindsay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Surnames Researching: Testa, Russo
Locations: Squillani (AV), Ceppaloni (BN)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: ordering documents from Italy

Post by adelfio »

Send cash euro (go to your bank to change US to euro) for payment folded in paper inside the return envelope to attn. Michelina Sessa I have don't this before no problem

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I don't think you can pay cash to State Archives! You better ask them the way they expect it to be done.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

adelfio wrote:Send cash euro (go to your bank to change US to euro) for payment folded in paper inside the return envelope to attn. Michelina Sessa I have don't this before no problem

Marty
Sorry, Marty, I'd not read you'd already done it. Though it seems strange...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
lcj7894
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lcj7894 »

I'll double check with them just to be sure, but it's my understanding that in the envelope I sent them I add in the euro bills? Nothing else like copy of ID or anything?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

lcj7894 wrote:I'll double check with them just to be sure, but it's my understanding that in the envelope I sent them I add in the euro bills? Nothing else like copy of ID or anything?
Send them a copy of your response from them with your payment

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

They are very specific. They want a 'vaglia postale' or international cheque. They will archive the request if they don't get the money in 15 days. I would send cash, quickly.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
lcj7894
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lcj7894 »

That's that I thought they wrote, thank you for confirming. Am I right in reading that the total is 5.20 euros that they want? Is there a different between sending an international cheque or just the cash?