\"Clan names\"

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pezzer66

\"Clan names\"

Post by pezzer66 »

I was wondering what is the significance of clan names. My surname is Pesavento and my ancestors came from Asiago. A lot of the Pesaventos from Asiago migrated to the town I grew up in in Illinois. We have 2 different clan names in this town alone. My family is the \"Nes\" clan...my grandfather was always called \"Tony Nes\" because of this. I have heard from Pesaventos throughout the States who have different clan names like Sten or Zowza. I have heard in there are different ones in Asiago too.
<BR>Were these names just a way to distinguish between the different families? How did they choose the names?
<BR>If anyone knows...please help!
<BR> Tony
ptimber
Master
Master

\"Clan names\"

Post by ptimber »

From what I can gather the clan name NES is attributed to the Pesavento surname in Asiago because they come from a neighborhodd in Asiago known as \"Bosco\" (means woods,glen forest etc). If you wish to pursue this matter may I suggest you research the matter through www.tiscali.it which is in Italian, or perhaps, www.google.com which is in english for any pertinent information. Yoiu can always write to the Asiago town fathersd and ask them as well. Go to www.comuni.it for Asiago. Peter
pezzer66

\"Clan names\"

Post by pezzer66 »

Thanks