Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents

Post by phishfood »

Here is a toughy for anyone who can help me locate this. My great grandfather Alessandro Inglese was born in Fondi, Italy on January 1, 1893 we believe. The story is told like this. He was conceived by a Baron and a handmaiden (employee). The Baron sent away the handmaiden because he did not want either of them around. Well the mother was very young and gaven him to an orphanage. Well the orphanage burnt down with all the records and everything. A family whose last name is Zanella raised my greatgrandfather but never adopted him. So I want to know a few things. Where can I try to locate his birth certificate? What is his real last name? I don't even know where Inglese comes from. I don't know if that was the mothers name of if the orphanage gave him that name. Can anyone help me out? I did write a letter to Fondi a few years ago to all the people with the last name of Zanella and no one wrote back. So I am stuck and need some help. Thanks.

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents

Post by suanj »

Kim:

-if Alessandro really born in Fondi, you can request the birthact and you must to specify that was in an orphanage... they will understand where to find the record...

-about the real last name: Inglese is the official last name... perhaps the mother's surname( because really Inglese is an diffused italian surname), or you wish know the Baron's surname.. ...?

-now: please to send the request in Fondi municipality, and after that you will have the record, let me know....

-this is the Fondi address for your request:

Servizi Demografici
Piazza della Repubblica n. 6
04022 Fondi (LT)
ITALY
Tel. +39 0771 5169400 fax +39 0771 521756
E-mail: servizidemografici @ comune.fondi.lt.it ( no spaces please).

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Kim , just an bit of italian culture: this is the Baron's castle in Fondi: gorgeus!
http://www.villaanita.it/castello5.jpg

The baronal families in Fondi, in the time, was:
CAETANI
COLONNA
GONZAGA
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

Suanj,

I will fax it but could you help me put together the letter because I don't really speak Italian. Let me know if you have time to do this? Thanks.

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

kim sure, please you write the english txt here and I translate.. regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

Suanj,

Here is the letter I wrote. If I need to add anything else please let me know. How long will it take till I hear back from them? Can it be expidited in anyway???

To Whom it May Concern,

I am looking to find a birth certificate for my great grandfather who was born in Fondi, Italy on January 1, 1893. His name was Alessandro Inglese. He was born to a Baron but was given to an orphanage in Fondi. If you can assist me in any way please let me know. If I need to send money for the certificate or anything please let me know as well. Thank you for your time. Please send any information you have via fax 805-370-0415 or e-mail to mehrypoppinz@aol.com

Kimberly Mehr

PS: 2 quick questions: What is a diffused surname? You said the Inglese name is diffused. Also, I would like to find out what the Baron's name is who fathered Alessandro. How do I find that out? Do I wait to hear back from the municipality first?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:Suanj,

Here is the letter I wrote. If I need to add anything else please let me know. How long will it take till I hear back from them? Can it be expidited in anyway???

To Whom it May Concern,

I am looking to find a birth certificate for my great grandfather who was born in Fondi, Italy on January 1, 1893. His name was Alessandro Inglese. He was born to a Baron but was given to an orphanage in Fondi. If you can assist me in any way please let me know. If I need to send money for the certificate or anything please let me know as well. Thank you for your time. Please send any information you have via fax 805-370-0415 or e-mail to mehrypoppinz@aol.com

Kimberly Mehr

PS: 2 quick questions: What is a diffused surname? You said the Inglese name is diffused. Also, I would like to find out what the Baron's name is who fathered Alessandro. How do I find that out? Do I wait to hear back from the municipality first?
Hi Kim, this is the good txt for the Office:
Servizi Demografici
Piazza della Repubblica n. 6
04022 Fondi (LT)
ITALY
Tel. +39 0771 5169400 fax +39 0771 521756
E-mail: servizidemografici @ comune.fondi.lt.it ( no spaces please).

Oggetto: Richiesta Estratto Atto di Nascita e Copia Integrale dello stesso.

Spett.le Servizi Demografici,
mi chiamo Kimberly Mehr e sono cittadino statunitense di origini italiane discendente di INGLESE Alessandro nato in Fondi l'1 Gennaio 1893.

Non conosco il nome dei suoi genitori ed è memoria di famiglia che i suoi primi anni di vita li abbia trascorsi in un Orfanotrofio.
Con la presente il sotttoscritto cortesemente richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio i documenti in oggetto.

Se spese sono dovute si prega di informarmi circa l'entità delle stesse e le modalità di invio.

In attesa di riscontro ai sensi dei L.241/90, D.L. 42/2004 e del DPR 396/2000, è gradita l'occasione per porgere distinti saluti,

Kimberly Mehr

................ YOUR COMPLETE AND EXACT ADDRESS
fax ..... 805-370-0415 ( it is complete of all numbers for to fax from Italy?)
e-mail: mehrypoppinz@aol.com
----------------------------------------------------
Please to send by fax or by normal letter: it is very better.
Kim, in this letter, and for italian laws mentioned they must reply you in 30 days; in this letter you ask the birthact and also photocopy from original birthregistry( also for italian laws mentioned): if in origianl birthact in birthregistry are wrote :.... it is born from an woman that no wish to be mentioned", they cannot send you the original birthact photocopy but only birthact made by office....
To Common interested no the Baron or other info.. you must read all infos truth from original bithact photocopy, and after you can start the search about Baron name in 1893( by Fondi's Proloco you can request some info if they have.. but this is an second passage of search)
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

Suanj,

I will wait a month and see if I hear anything. If not, I will get back to you. Thanks for the help with the letter.

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Kim, you sure will be the reply, if your data about Inglese are right... please don't worry, and you wait + or - an month, but you will have the reply... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MauroMags »

Susan J

Can you elaborate further on this point that you made

" it is born from an woman that no wish to be mentioned", they cannot send you the original birthact photocopy but only birthact made by office.... "

On the birth record of my great-grandfather he is listed with no parents and a statement similar to what your wrote "a woman who wishes not to be mentioned"

I received the info from the LDS Stato Civile records from Molfetta, BA. Does this mean that my great-grandfather's real parents are lost to history or would they be listed on his actual birth certificate. and how would i go to obtain further records

thanks,
Mauro
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I tried to fax the letter but it would not go through. Is it possible for you to fax it for me? Would there be a cost for you to do it for me since it is not working at this end. Let me know. Thanks.

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:suanj,

I tried to fax the letter but it would not go through. Is it possible for you to fax it for me? Would there be a cost for you to do it for me since it is not working at this end. Let me know. Thanks.

Kim
Kim, I hope that you made just fax number :
-Servizi Demografici 0039 0771 521756
-or Major Office: 0039 0771 511402
-or Secretary Office 0039 0771 504262

Let me know... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

MauroMags wrote:Susan J

Can you elaborate further on this point that you made

" it is born from an woman that no wish to be mentioned", they cannot send you the original birthact photocopy but only birthact made by office.... "

On the birth record of my great-grandfather he is listed with no parents and a statement similar to what your wrote "a woman who wishes not to be mentioned"

I received the info from the LDS Stato Civile records from Molfetta, BA. Does this mean that my great-grandfather's real parents are lost to history or would they be listed on his actual birth certificate. and how would i go to obtain further records

thanks,
Mauro
Hi Mauro when are this phrase in birthact it is not possible to know more... perhaps with an your demand in Molfetta(or Bari) court, and if the Court say positive opinion perhaps you can to obtain the dossier about birth...
However are an Association in Italy about this topic, that can help with the advices, you can send an email info @ faegn.it (no spaces please)

http://www.faegn.it/index.html

because they have all italian laws about this problem .... but also I can say that with european law of Strasburgo 24 Apr 1967 that it becomes in italian law the 22 May 1974 n. 357 and equally the italian law n. 184 of 1983 this adopted's right is denied( it is no possible to know the real origin)... but with the italian law n. 149 of 2001 the adopted, (or also descendant I think), he can know the real origin....
but NO if the woman wish no to be mentioned .......... so i think that if in birthact are this phrase it is not possible to know... for better explanation you can write an email to FAEGN as above....

Hoping helpful, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I will let you know if this will work for me. Thanks so much!!!

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I don't have a fax machine so I have my dad trying to fax the letter. He keeps getting an answering machine service. So it is not working at this end. If I have you fax it for me is there a cost? If so, what is it?

Kim