Frigerio, gondolfo, gaibisso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chrystalheart

Frigerio, gondolfo, gaibisso

Post by chrystalheart »

Hi! I've traced some family back to the mid 1800s when they arrived, but I'm stumped on where to go from here.

Louis Joseph frigerio senior
Louis joseph frigerio jr (passport says his citizenry is of Austrian empire, but also says born in Italy. He was an optician and made maritime instruments.

Elizabeth gondolfo born 1803 in Genova Liguria
Married Jacques gabisso b 1803 (also goes by James) . Jacques occupation in Louisiana was oysters. Not sure when Jacques came over.

But Elizabeth and her daughters Catherine (age 8), Angela (age 3 and Anna (age 1) travelled on the silenzio on 19 Feb 1846. All from Genova Liguria.

I have nothing on them on the Italian side.

Family rumor has it that our gondolfo side was descended from the gondolfo who held castle gondolfo.

I am wondering if indenture was involved because from age 8-17 I can find no history of Catherine gabisso, even though census records exist for her parents.
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Frigerio, gondolfo, gaibisso

Post by Michael31 »

Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Frigerio points to Northern Lombardy: Como, Lecco, Brianza, possibly Milan. This explain the fact that he was an Austrian citizen.
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
chrystalheart

Post by chrystalheart »

Thank you!