Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sepiaz

Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Post by sepiaz »

Thanks to Italian Genealogy I had success in tracing my father’s maternal family line (Savoia, Piscitello, Scriminaci, Gaeta). My maternal grandmother was Rosalia Savoia and she married Salvatore Piazza and one of their sons was my father, James Vincent Piazza, born in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, where his parent’s Rosalie and Salvatore settled. In 1902, Rosalie and Salvatore were married in Manhattan, where the Savoia family lived. A marriage record from Family Search indicates that the parents of Salvatore were Mobre Piazza and Rosalie Ladata (I can’t find any Ladata on Ancestry so I am thinking this was a misspelling of LoData). This is the only lead I have on the on my father's paternal line. Because Mobre and Rosalie remained in Sicily my search is now stalled.

Salvatore was born circa August 15, 1858 in the Vallelunga, Caltanissetta and immigrated to the United States in the 1890s. His father’s name, Mobre, I understand is not a typical Italian name and may be a misspelling on the Manhattan marriage record of Salvatore and Rosalie. If anyone has any information on the family line of Mobre Piazza and Rosalie Ladata (Lodata) from Vallelunga (I understand there my have been three distinct Piazza families) I would appreciate any information or strategies to use. I plan to hire a genealogist, but would like to have some more information before I do.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Salvatore Piazza and Vincenza Fiorella
INDEX#30
1883 Aug 25th in the town of Vallelunga marriage of Salvatore Piazza age 26(1857 April 24th) farmer born and resides in Vallelunga son of Manfredo Piazza and Rosalia Lo Dato married Vincenza Fiorella age 15 born and resides in Vallelunga daughter of Antonino Fiorella and Liboria Giambelluca

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1946840

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Salvatore Di Piazza
1857 April 24th in the town of Vallelunga Salvatore Di Piazza son of Manfredo Di Piazza age 33 farmer and Rosalia Lo Dato age 32 baptized in Santa Maria Loreto church the same day

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1946840

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

My friend Marty you are freakin AWESOME !!!! I find I can not help people on this site cause by the time I see something someone else has jumped to help them but hey that is a great thing to happen.

One thing I can say here is Vallelunga, my family still lives there SEPLAZ......and there is a book not readily available that was awesome for the town of Vallelunga it has all the families that have lived there names and dates "galore".
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ciao Ray
Hope all is well with you and your family
sepiaz the book he is talking about is Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla if you talk with Marcello DAleo he can help you
Also look at this website
http://www.piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com/

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

From the book

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

yes Marty I believe the really good copy I got from Marcello.

I am working on finishing its translation maybe you have seen my post Marty.

I was trying to translate but there is so much I am missing I believe someone was a mayor and
a few other things.
There was a lot on that page I had put a URL in the text as was suggested.

Ray
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Good afternoon

If you would like to contact me regarding the information regarding the Piazza Family I have been doing some extensive research and I have the books mentioned in the post above.

Thanks
Sam Piazza
http://piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com/
sepiaz

Post by sepiaz »

Thanks, Sam. We have been in contact before. Unfortunately, I lost all our email correspondence - my fault because I did not back it up. I am returning to genealogical research after a break due to health reasons. Before your family moved, our families were both located in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. I am going to contact you about the book Le famiglie di Vallelunga. I work full-time and have little time on weekends to continue research and respond to contacts. That said, I am setting aside the labor day weekend to email you and respond to Adelfio and Ray as I have some questions about the information that Adelfio shared. I do have some of my Piazza family tree on Tribal Pages.

Adelfio and Ray, until I can write a more thoroughly I do thank you for your responses. I'll be responding this weekend.

Shirley
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Shirly good to hear from you. If you would like to correspond thru my e-mail please do so at piazza16428@gmail.com

I have a couple questions regarding your grandfather that you may be able to answer

Sam