Looking for help - CALETTI & RIZZI surnames - Milano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ShortFamilyTree

Looking for help - CALETTI & RIZZI surnames - Milano

Post by ShortFamilyTree »

I've been asked by a family member to see if I can find out any information about her Great Grandfather - Guido CALETTI b. 1873 Milano, Italy d. 1943 Sydney, Australia

Today I found out his parents names were (from an Australia Court document) Louis CALETTI & Cecilia RIZZI.

I'm guessing that the parent's names have been adopted to English, but I do not have any reference or knowledge to back this theory up.

I have attached a photo of an affidavit from 1905 here in Sydney, where Guido states he came to Australia about 1873 at the age of 14. He states that his father died circa 1876 and that his mother stayed in Italy.

If anyone can help point me in a direction to where to start, I'd personally appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for help - CALETTI & RIZZI surnames - Milano

Post by Tessa78 »

You can search for the birth of Giudo Caletti (son of Luigi Caletti and Cecilia Rizzi) in the microfilmed civil registrations for Milano, Italy, at your nearest LDS Family History Center. They have films to rent and view covering registrations of births, deaths, and marriages from 1866-1929.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

These are the films containing births for 1873
Nati 1872 (cont.)-1873
Family History Library
International B1 High Density

Nati 1873 (cont.)
Family History Library

Nati 1873 (cont.)-1874
Family History Library

If Giudo's father died when he was three years old, you might find his father's death in these films. On the death act would be mentioned the name of his wife.

Morti 1875 (cont.)-1876
Family History Library
International Film

Morti 1876 (cont.)-1877
Granite Mountain Record Vault
International Film

T.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, in Milan archive I found just 2 Caletti and more in Mantova archive.. however another Caletti (Aldo Caletti) in Australia was born in Ravenna..
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/artic ... rchLimits=
they was related...??
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rhondaepis

Post by rhondaepis »

My great grand mothers name was Antonia Rizzi born 9th March 1859 in Zambla Italy, she married Giovanni Giocomo Epis and she passed away 8 th January 1919 in Oneta Italy. My grandfathers marriage certificate have her name as Rossi, possibly a mistake as the little bit I have sourced so far have her as Rizzi. I am trying to find out about both my grand parents. Don"t know if this information is any help to you