Tuscany Professional Researcher

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Tuscany Professional Researcher

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Ciao tutti,

I've been stalled on my research for quite some time. I started with my GGF's Italian birth certificate. I was able, with the help of someone in Lucca (the city of my GGF's birth) to get a hold of his baptismal record (15 Aug 1897). This record lists my GGF's parents as "Leopoldo fu Antonio e di Lippi Torello di questa Parrocchio." So they were members of the parish.

At the same time, I got his brother's baptismal record (3 Oct 1887) which lists the parents differently. his father is "Leopoldo di Antonio Barontini di Vicofaro (Pistoja)" and his mother is "Ida Lippi di Torello di Vicofaro (Pistoja). "Pistoja," being "Pistoia."

It would seem that the family had become members of the parish in the decade between the two baptisms.

The trial has ran cold after this. I've only found one Antonio born in Vicofaro, Pistoia in the time we are looking at. His father was Marco in 1818, but I don't have anything to connect him to Leopoldo. In 1860 there is another Marco, born to Antonio (presumably the Antonio from 1818). I don't have any information on a Marco as one of the brothers of

The only Leopoldo I could find in Vicofaro during what should be the relevant years was born in 1842 to Giuseppe Barontini.

I'm wondering if it would be worth getting someone on the ground in Tuscany to help at this point. The baptismal records were dug up for us by someone in Italy who we've lost contact with.

Does anyone here have any suggestions (on a possible next step or for a recommended researcher?)
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany