Looking for Half Uncle in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AdrianaP

Looking for Half Uncle in Italy

Post by AdrianaP »

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and hoping to attain some information or advice.

Earlier this year we discovered that my grandfather fathered a child in Sardegna, sometime during the second world war. He was a Calabrese solider who was stationed in Sardegna.

We have very little information about this person (we think it was a boy). We are also unaware of what kind of relationship my grandfather had with the child's mother, and whether the child was kept or put up for adoption.

At the time my grandfather was unmarried, he later moved to Canada and married my grandmother. My grandmother has very little information about the child or mother. And all of my grandfather and all my grandfather's siblings have since passed on.

We are currently in the process of trying to access his military records so we can at least pin point where exactly he was stationed and within which years.

The difficult part will be trying to find this person. We are aware that this is like finding a needle in a hay stack, that being said any advice on how to proceed after we pinpoint his location and time frame, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Adriana
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Half Uncle in Italy

Post by dizabrat »

Hi Adriana,

If you belong to Facebook, join the group called "Search Squad" they are awesome with finding people and can be a great help. Ive seen them work miracles.

Good luck
AdrianaP

Re: Looking for Half Uncle in Italy

Post by AdrianaP »

Thanks Dizabrat,
I will take a look at that! Like I said any information or advice is welcome!

THANK YOU!