Looking for Domenico, Dimenico, Demenico--Scandalous story

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KristineAz

Looking for Domenico, Dimenico, Demenico--Scandalous story

Post by KristineAz »

Hi all!

I'm looking for help finding any relations of a person named Pete DiMenico or Domenico or some other spelling.

You see, a few years back I did my DNA through Ancestry and the results were "wrong". So my dad has his tested and it was also "wrong". Then we got my uncle to test his & his results were what we expected the rest of ours to be.

My dad's DNA came up with Italian and Greek whereas my uncle was all Irish and Belgian. Which is what it was supposed to be.

Evidently my paternal grandmother had some sort of fling but kept it a secret until her death.

There was a running family joke about her having a fling with her ex-boyfriend, the man she was dating before she married my grandfather. His name, as the rumor went, is Pete DiMenico (whatever spelling).

So I'm looking for ANY information for a person in Boston, MA, USA in/around March of 1935. My father was born in December 1935.

I'd appreciate any assistance about this. Thanks!! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for Domenico, Dimenico, Demenico--Scandalous story

Post by suanj »

KristineAz wrote:Hi all!

I'm looking for help finding any relations of a person named Pete DiMenico or Domenico or some other spelling.

You see, a few years back I did my DNA through Ancestry and the results were "wrong". So my dad has his tested and it was also "wrong". Then we got my uncle to test his & his results were what we expected the rest of ours to be.

My dad's DNA came up with Italian and Greek whereas my uncle was all Irish and Belgian. Which is what it was supposed to be.

Evidently my paternal grandmother had some sort of fling but kept it a secret until her death.

There was a running family joke about her having a fling with her ex-boyfriend, the man she was dating before she married my grandfather. His name, as the rumor went, is Pete DiMenico (whatever spelling).

So I'm looking for ANY information for a person in Boston, MA, USA in/around March of 1935. My father was born in December 1935.

I'd appreciate any assistance about this. Thanks!! :)
Hi Kristine,
below a possible record of a person that surely in Apr 1935 was in Boston, MA (line 75- column 17):

Peter Deminico
United States Census, 1940

Name Peter Deminico
Event Type Census
Event Date 1940
Event Place Ward 6, Lawrence, Lawrence City, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
Gender Male
Age 28
Marital Status Married
Race (Original) White
Race White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Head
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Birthplace Massachusetts
Birth Year (Estimated) 1912
Last Place of Residence Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts

Household

Role

Birthplace

Peter Deminico Head M 28 Massachusetts
Josephine Deminico Wife F 24 Massachusetts
Barbara Deminico Daughter F 1 Massachusetts

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2000219

and, on 1930, here the census:

Peter Deminico
United States Census, 1930

Name Peter Deminico
Event Type Census
Event Date 1930
Event Place Boston (Districts 251-500), Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
Gender Male
Age 18
Marital Status Single
Race White
Race (Original) White
Relationship to Head of Household Son
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Son
Birth Year (Estimated) 1912
Birthplace Massachusetts
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Sheet Letter A
Sheet Number 5
Household

Role

Birthplace
Anthony Deminico Head M 49 Italy
Philomena Deminico Daughter F 19 Massachusetts
Peter Deminico Son M 18 Massachusetts
Joseph De Minico Son M 16 Massachusetts
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1810731

Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KristineAz

Post by KristineAz »

Thank you!

I believe I spotted these before and found death records through Social Security.

I think I'm kind of hoping to find a descendant or a relative of his so I can ask if they'd do an Ancestry DNA test.

I've had a family pop up as being cousins and one of them contacted me... but she doesn't know of anyone with that last name.

Though she had an uncle with the first name Domenico & lived near my grandmother back then.

I did a Google search on the daughter Barbara you listed up there and hit a total dead end. There was something perhaps in New Hampshire, but nothing recent and no contact info.

Fingers crossed that someday a Pete Dimenico relation comes across this site! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Kristine,
abt NH I believe you found this obituary abt Pete's Brother (parents: Antonio Deminico and Bettina Distasio):

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/boston ... pid=229496
just finding someone of these descendents you can have some help.. I believe no hard, because almost the great grandchildren can be found, by social networks...
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
KristineAz

Post by KristineAz »

Thank you for the help! :)