Marriage of Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Marriage of Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso

Post by sacesta »

I'm having no luck in finding the marriage record of Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso.

Vito and Giovanna are shown in the marriage record of Ignazio Cusenza and Antonina Sparacino to be Antonina's parents.

I did, however, find a marriage record for Vito Sparacino & Catarina Amoroso.

I also found a death record for Giovanna and a record of baptism for a Catarina Amoroso. In these documents, Giovanna and Catarina show the same parents (Francesco Amoroso & Pietra Bruno).

Are Catarina and Giovanna sisters? If so, Vito would have had to marry them both.

Or is it possible that Catarina and Giovanna are the same person? Which seems more likely to me since I found only one record of baptism, one record of marriage, and one record of death.
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
lcmor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Marriage of Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso

Post by lcmor »

Hi Steve! It is possible that Vito married Catarina who was the sister of Giovanna and then Catarina died an early unexpected death and then he married the sister Giovanna. This is not unusual. Or it could be as you say that Catarina and Giovanna are the same person, but perhaps a little less likely. If the Vito on Antonina's marriage record is born the same year as the Vito on the marriage certificate of Vito & Catarina then I think you can assume that it's the same person. If not there is a third possibility and that is that they were two different Vito's and Giovanna was not born in the same town as Vito and that the marriage took place in Giovanna's home town, which is traditional in Italy I believe. I hope this is helpful. Good luck in your search!!
FROM ABRUZZO WITH LOVE genealogy services
http://www.abruzzowithlove.com
Find us on...
Facebook: /abruzzowithlove
Twitter: @abruzzowithlove
Instagram: abruzzowithlove
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Hi, I was interested in this post because my ggm maiden name was Paula Sparacino. She was from Ali superiori Sicily. She married Antonio Miceli, her father was Tommaso Sparacino. Do the names D'Angelo, Miceli, Fiumara, Panto show up in your family tree?
Contact me if these are familiar
regards,
Frank Crisafulli
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Post by sacesta »

Frank, so far those names have not shown up in my tree.
Steve
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.