Italian birth cert help. Galdi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Valiant74

Italian birth cert help. Galdi

Post by Valiant74 »

Hi There,

I am looking for assistance in finding my Great Grandfather's Birth Certificate. His Name was Vincent/ Vincenzo Galdi. He was born Jan 16, 1888 in Sant Angelo Di Ogliara, Salerno, Campania. His father was Giuseppe Galdi and His mother was Teresa Naddea ( or something close.. Naddea..Madea) He had a Brother Diomiro Galdi born june 16th 1880.

I have emailed the Archives in Salerno. I know they received it ecause the CC'ed me and forwarded it to another person saying something like "give it your best effort". That was jan 2017. I have emailed asking for an update but no response.

Can Anyone help me find Vincenzo Galdi's Birth Certificate OR provide a suggestion on how I can find it?
lcmor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Italian birth cert help. Galdi

Post by lcmor »

Hi there,

You can actually contact the state archives in Palermo if you are having no luck with the comune. They will also have copies of all the birth certificates from 1809 to 1903ish for the province of Palermo. I would also resend your original request to the comune directing your message to the office of the Anagrafe and explaining that you have had no response...but I would cc the mayor into it if you can find his/her email address. This will put a little pressure on the Anagrafe to actually execute the work.

You can find a form letter to help you here if your Italian is not that good: http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter2.html

Best of luck with your search!
FROM ABRUZZO WITH LOVE genealogy services
http://www.abruzzowithlove.com
Find us on...
Facebook: /abruzzowithlove
Twitter: @abruzzowithlove
Instagram: abruzzowithlove
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website you had the wrong birthdate heres from the military registation

Nome: Vincenzo Galdi

Classe: 1888

Comune di nascita: Salerno

Full text: Galdi Vincenzo di Giuseppe e Naddeo Teresa nato il 01/18/1888 a Salerno di professione barbiere

Nome: Diomiro Galdi

Classe: 1880

Comune di nascita: Salerno

Full text: Galdi Diomiro di Giuseppe e Naddeo Teresa nato il 06/16/1880 a Salerno di professione Falegname

PG LINK TO WEBSITE
http://www.archiviodistatosalerno.benic ... te-di-leva

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Valiant74

Post by Valiant74 »

Thank you both for your Answers... very helpful!!!
Valiant74

Post by Valiant74 »

I Got the Certificate emailed to me from The Archives in Salerno. Would Anyone have any suggestions on how to start researching his parents listed? I only have their names.. Giuseppe Galdi and Teresa Naddeo
Just looking on advice on where to start? I dont have any dates etc for them. I primarily use Ancestry.com but havent had much success search Italian Records there.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

You can start working to get from the city of Salerno the marriage certificate of Giuseppe Galdi and Teresa Naddeo. Probably years 1878-1879

Ufficio Stato Civile
Responsabile: Casini Maria Felicia
089 – 665110 mf.casini@comune.salerno.it

Archivio di Stato Civile e Certificazioni di stato civile
Abate Anna 089 – 665181 a.abate@comune.salerno.it
Troisi Adriana 089 – 665187 a.troisi@comune.salerno.it
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Valiant74

Post by Valiant74 »

In your experience, Does the Archivio di Stato Civile e Certificazioni di stato civile acknowledge requests? or do they just respond once they get to your research? It be nice to know they got it and will get to it at some point.... even if its months away.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

They respond once they have done the work usually. If you don't receive a response after one month then send a reminder. Remember to write in Italian and keep it simple. You don't need to use words like Great Grandfather, or Nonno, they don't really care about the relationship and it often just confuses the issue. In fact, I ask clients not to use these terms. It confuses me and we are communicating in English!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Valiant74

Post by Valiant74 »

So I received this response from Salerno:

LE COMUNICO CHE CONSULTATI GLI ARCHIVI DI STATO CIVILE NN E' STATO POSSIBILE RINVENIRE ALCUN ELEMENTO UTILE AL SUO RILASCIO.SI RESTA IN ATTESA DI NOTIZIE PIU' CERTE CORDIALMENTE LA SALUTO

Anna Abate
Servizi Demografici ed Elettorali
Comune di Salerno

Which I believes says: we cant find it with the information you provided.

I am not sure where to go from here? any ideas? I don't know when Giuseppe Galdi and Teresa Naddeo wewre married. All I know is when Diomiro and Vincent were born ( Listed above). I would try and find Teresa Naddea's Birth Cert, But her age is not listed on Vincent;s Birth cert. So I dont know what to do to keep this research going.