Online for San Giorgio a Liri, Frosinone, Lazio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Caterina05271899
Rookie
Rookie

Online for San Giorgio a Liri, Frosinone, Lazio

Post by Caterina05271899 »

Wondering if there are records online for San Giorgio a Liri, Frosinone, Lazio, Italy?

My cousin's great grandfather, Angleantonio or possible Angelo Antonio Lutrario was born there about 1874. He immigrated to the US in 1903. That is all that my cousin knows for sure based on the ship passenger list.

I know that many buildings in Lazio were damaged during WW2 and that records were lost, but perhaps there are records that one can write away for.

I did not make any reliable hits via FamilySearch.org, and my cousin has searched Ancestry.com.

If there is nothing available online, can someone provide the email and/or mailing addresses for the official vital records and the historical religious records.

As always, thank you very much.

Nancy P.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Online for San Giorgio a Liri, Frosinone, Lazio

Post by Barbarossa »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... e-le-fonti

No online images yet at the Atenati site - above - for Frosinone

But you can choose english for the page above and there is information there for contact to the particular areas of interest.

Other more seasoned forum members may have other resources to offer you with your quest. Some have already posted links to form letters here too, to aid in requesting such data directly. You may find it by search on here - or if someone else replies to you.

Good luck ! :)
Caterina05271899
Rookie
Rookie

Barbarossa,
Thank you!
I didn't know that one could use the Atenati site to obtain contact information!

My cousin may have found the birth date of her grandfather from a WW1 registration card. With this date and the email address, I will help her to construct emails to request military and birth records from the comune of San Giorgio a Liri. I have already done this for my own relatives from Calabria.
Grazie!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The contact information provided by the antenati site is for the State Archives who usually do not have any additional records than those found on microfilm with the LDS. There are always exceptions of course but in the case of Frosinone it is the case as I go there often.
You will need to contact the Comune of San Giorgio a Liri for records after 1865. They have all records but are not great at responding to requests that require research.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Post by JamesM »

I stopped by the Comune of San Giorgio two weeks ago and requested a document from them from ~1842. The woman there had me fill out a form and show id.
Yesterday I received a call from a woman named Anna Vezza that only records from 1886 and later are available there. And today I received a letter stating the same thing.
She told me to try the State Archives.
Caterina05271899
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you Ann Tatangelo and JamesM for sharing your experiences.
Good luck JamesM in getting your documents from the State Archives!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

BUT San Giorgio has other types of anagraphical records for people who were still living in the town after 1870, they don't like to search but you have to be there in person and know what to ask for. They cover the period Where are you in Italy JamesM?
The other records 1809-1865 are in the State Archives in Caserta.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Post by JamesM »

Hi Ann,

I'm in Esperia.
Then I'll try writing to Caserta for my record. the lady at the comune didn't specify, which State Archive to go to. Are all the Terra di Lavoro records, not found in local comuni, in Caserta?

James