Help Locating Marriage Record from City of Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
skooter555
Rookie
Rookie

Help Locating Marriage Record from City of Palermo

Post by skooter555 »

Hi,

I recently was looking through the city of Palermo marriage indexes that are on FamilySearch. I came across the listing of a particular record that I would like to investigate more, as I believe that it may be the marriage between my third great-grandfather and his second wife. When I tried to look for the record, however, I was unable to find it. I was hoping that someone who has better knowledge of utilizing the Palermo records might have more luck in finding it. I know there is a vast amount of records online solely for Palermo, and I just did not know how to approach locating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The marriage, as listed in the index, is "Tripoli Giov. Batt.--Salvatore--Morana Orsola--Brancaccio--12 febbraro 1869--v. 17--n. 5--Cannonito Rosaria"

Thank you for your time,
Tyler Radtke
skooter111996@gmail.com
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help Locating Marriage Record from City of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

You will have to send for that record to Palermo they are not online only the indexes are online of Palermo and its sections are online.
The marriage records of section of Brancaccio city of Palermo only go 1820 to 1860 on the microfilms from family history center

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
skooter555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by skooter555 »

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your response. When writing to request this record would I address it to the Ufficio di Stato Civile di Palermo? Is there just one office that would handle these requests for Palermo, or do I have to be more specific and send it to a different office? It looks like the record is from the Brancaccio neighborhood of Palermo. I am not quite sure what that means, but would it have its own separate office? Additionally, do you think that the marriage record could be on the film "Pubblicazioni 1893-1903 Matrimoni 1866-1872" Film #1963953 or in the Palermo church records?

Thanks again,
Tyler
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Send no money include a photo id

Archivio di Stato di Palermo
Via Vittorio Emanuele, 31
90133 Palermo (PA)
Italy

Email: as-pa@beniculturali.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio o l’estratto completo dell’atto di matrimonio di Giov Battista Tripoli e Rosaria Cannonito

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Palermo ( Brancaccio )
. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Giov Battista Tripoli di Salvatore e Orsola Morana
Nome e cognome della moglie: Rosaria Cannonito di Gaetano e Maria Saucello
Luogo di matrimonio: Palermo ( Brancaccio )
Data di matrimonio: 12 febbraro 1869 registro (v.17--n. 5)
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty