Is anyone compiling a master list of indices by town

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Is anyone compiling a master list of indices by town

Post by rp76226 »

I was wondering if any person or any group is working on compiling master lists, perhaps on spreadsheets of all the known indices for birth, marriage, and death, for each Italian comune. All the years for birth or marriage or death for a particular town would then be on one document, making it much quicker to search for ancestors.
I've seen it done with spreadsheets for Polizzi Generosa, but haven't found any other comune for which something similar was done.
VotM
Elite
Elite

Re: Is anyone compiling a master list of indices by town

Post by VotM »

I've composed "road maps" to the indicies for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea. It looks like someone else has started work on Tortorici. These may be found on the FamilySearch Wiki pages.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Here is a link to the Polizzi Generosa Website that has taken each record year for births, marriages, and deaths, and put each in a spreadsheet containing all the names for each year.

http://www.polizzigenealogy.com/
VotM
Elite
Elite

Post by VotM »

The birth, marriage and death "road maps" for Termini Imerese have been updated to cover the 1820-1861 records on the Antenati web site and, in parallel, the ones on FamilySearch that are only available for viewing at Family History Centers.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

I've invested the time to compile master indice "cheat" lists for Capannori, Lucca, and Gallicano, Lucca. At this juncture, I'm not willing to let go of that work product (meaning share for any and all), but I have always been open to helping anyone who needs assistance in either of those comuni. Assuming nothing "abnormal," as long as I have a valid name and date, I can usually find a given record in around 5 minutes. Oh, and I'm speaking of the 1866-1929 Family Search records here. Not the other records online between 1851 and 1864.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

I have been doing that for the church records in the Diocese of Catania but it is not complete yet.
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
NickAndreola
Elite
Elite

Post by NickAndreola »

I've been doing something similar for Casalvecchio di Puglia here

https://www.wikitree.com/index.php?titl ... NEGiuseppe

However it is far from complete! It is completely open for every and any one to see and scroll through and I would welcome anyone using it and adding to it 8)
Bob
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bob »

I have my own spreadsheets of deaths and marriages for Belmonte Mezzagno between 1820 and 1849. I still need to work on the 1850’s and 60’s. With errors and questionable interpretations of hand written names, I don’t think they are quite ready for prime time, but I will help anyone looking for information in Belmonte.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Trabia Palermo 1840-1910 and church records
Birth Marriage Death and marriage Allegati

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty