Finding the Death record of Giuseppe Campanelli from Grumo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Finding the Death record of Giuseppe Campanelli from Grumo

Post by rp76226 »

Antonia Misciagna was the widow of Giuseppe Campanelli when she died at age 70 in Grumo Appula, Bari, Italy on June 25, 1837, record # 65. Therefore, her husband, Giuseppe Campanelli either died in 1837 or earlier. When their daughter Maria Campanelli died in Grumo on May 29, 1829 (record # 80), her father Giuseppe Campanelli was apparently still alive (no "fu" before his name to indicate deceased as the father of Maria on her death record). So I thought it would be easy to find the death record of Giuseppe Campanelli from the death indices for each year (found at the end of all the death documents) by searching each year of Grumo death records including and between 1829 and 1837. Can't find it. I appreciate any assistance given in helping me find his death record.

Ron
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Finding the Death record of Giuseppe Campanelli from Grumo

Post by mmogno »

Giuseppe Campanelli may have died in another city.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Always possible, but given his wife and daughter both died in Grumo and he died sometime between their two deaths, it seems unlikely.
Kla

Post by Kla »

Ciao rp76226

Ho trovato questo:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html

La cosa che noto molto strana è che sia il decesso di GIUSEPPE CAMPANELLI che di ANTONIA MISCIAGNA viene denunciata da VITO CAMPANELLI figlio. Non so se si tratta solo di una coincidenza o magari qualche errore c'è stato, ma comunque valeva la pena segnalartelo.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I do not think that this Giuseppe Campanelli is him. The wife is wrong. His wife was Antonia Misciagna and she was still alive in 1832 (having died in 1837), so Giuseppe could not have re-married. I also am not aware of a son named Vito, though given that I have only found one child, that is certainly possible.

Non credo che questo Giuseppe Campanelli sia lui. La moglie è sbagliata. Sua moglie era Antonia Misciagna ed era ancora viva nel 1832 (morto nel 1837), quindi Giuseppe non poteva essere sposato. Non sono altresì a conoscenza di un figlio chiamato Vito, anche se dato che ho trovato solo un figlio, è certamente possibile.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

La morte di Giuseppe Campanelli è denunciata anche da Vitofrancesco Scarola, genero di Giuseppe. In effetti nell'atto di morte di Maria Campanelli risulta che Vito Scarola è marito di lei.
Quello che non quadra è il cognome della moglie di Giuseppe
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Yes, I am aware of Giuseppe's son in law, Vito Francesco Scarola who was married to his daughter Maria Campanelli. The wife's surname is the big problem, considering that she was still alive at the time of Giuseppe's death, her surname should have been known.
Possibly, his wife was previously married and one of the surnames is her maiden name and one is her previously married name. I cannot completely reject this death record, but I also cannot be completely sure that it is really my Giuseppe Campanelli.

Sì, sono a conoscenza del figlio di Giuseppe, Vito Francesco Scarola, sposato con sua figlia Maria Campanelli. Il cognome della moglie è il grosso problema, visto che era ancora viva al momento della morte di Giuseppe, il suo cognome doveva essere conosciuto.
Probabilmente, sua moglie era già sposata e uno dei cognomi è il suo nome di nozze e uno è il suo nome precedentemente sposato. Non posso rifiutare completamente questo documento di morte, ma non posso essere del tutto sicuro che sia proprio mio Giuseppe Campanelli.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

To add to the confusion, here is the actual death record of Antonia Misciagna:

https://s9.postimg.org/eamw3wq5b/Miscia ... d_1837.jpg

Note that the death was reported by Vito Campanelli. It goes on to say that Vito is the son of Donato Cavalaggi. How can the son and the father have different surnames?

Per aggiungere la confusione, ecco il vero record di morte di Antonia Misciagna:

https://s9.postimg.org/eamw3wq5b/Miscia ... d_1837.jpg

Si noti che la morte è stata segnalata da Vito Campanelli. Continuerà a dire che Vito è figlio di Donato Cavalaggi. Come può il figlio e il padre avere cognomi diversi?
Kla

Post by Kla »

No rp76226
Donato Cavalaggi è la seconda persona insieme a Vito Campanelli che denuncia il decesso di Antonia Misciagna.
Vito Campanelli son, AND Donato Cavalaggi!
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I see that now. What is the word before "and"? Looks like figlio. What does that refer to?

Lo vedo ora. Qual è la parola prima "e"? Sembra figlio. Cosa si riferisce?
Kla

Post by Kla »

"Figlio" is SON. Vito Campanelli is son of Antonia Misciagna
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Grazie.