Belfiore (Cordova) birth

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
frankdamore
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Belfiore (Cordova) birth

Post by frankdamore » 22 May 2017, 20:43

That's a huge find! Thank you.

I will see if I can find a connection between Francesca Belfiore and Calogera Belfiore (if they were sisters or have a similar grandparent). .

MUCH appreciated, Tessa!

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 » 22 May 2017, 22:28

Happy to help! :-)

T.

frankdamore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankdamore » 23 May 2017, 05:46

I went through the 1866 and 1867 birth records and only came across Maria Belfiore. Any chance that is "Francesca" as mentioned earlier?

List of Belfiore's ... http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Maria Belfiore ... http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Hoping for good news??!!

Thanks again.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 » 23 May 2017, 15:41

The Maria Belfiore who is in the index, is actually Maria Delfiore in the acts.
She is a foundling who was presented by the woman (Pasquala Prizzi) who is the "Receiver of the wheel" of the abandoned. There are no parents listed for Maria. Her names were given to her by the official.

I also checked the Caltanissetta records (1866 through 1875) and only found two additional Belfiore female births listed (#4 in 1868, and #111 in 1875) neither of which is Francesca. It is a puzzle... why her birth place is listed as Caltanissetta on the marriage act.

I also searched for a publication of banns of marriage for her in Caltanissetta (one would have been posted in the hometown of each spouse) but did not find one. I also looked for an Allegati (attachments) to the marriage in Canicatti to find her birth act which would have been presented for her marrige. Unfortunately, no success.

To verify the birth place listed in her marriage act, I looked for the publication of banns in Canicatti (where the marriage too place) but the marriage publication records for 1885 are missing :-(

T.

frankdamore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankdamore » 08 Nov 2018, 01:28

Hello!

Apologies for resurrecting an old post. These pesky Belfiore's are still the sore spot in my research. After 15+ years, I am still in the same place! Crazy, isn't it?!

I came across a record online today and may be finally headed in the right direction.

For Calogera Belfiore, I know she was related somehow to Francesca. The relation could be a cousin or sister.

Here is what I found. The father's name matches, the mothers first name matches, and the area would be onpoint as well. Any tips on where I may be able to find that birth record (copy like familysearch has in their indexes)? I'd love to find the link and start doing more research then on Antonino & Paula (with their elders).

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Name: Calogera Bellafiore
Birth Date: 25 set 1862 (25 Sep 1862)
Birth Place: Canicattì, Agrigento, Italy
Baptism Date: 26 set 1862 (26 Sep 1862)
Father's Age: 35y
Mother's Age: 24y
Father: Antonino Bellafiore
Mother: Paola Linares
FHL Film Number: 1467070
Reference ID: CN 613

frankdamore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankdamore » 10 Nov 2018, 17:50

Thank you.

I compared the same to the Belfiore/Cordova marriage record I have and it is the same. Linares does look to be accurate (Spanish?).

Now to move on to see if I can find the Linares/Belfiore marriage!

I appreciate it.