Need Help Finding Birth Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NorCalItalia

Need Help Finding Birth Certificate

Post by NorCalItalia »

Hello everyone,

I once went on a forum years ago and someone found my great grandfathers birth certificate. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it and I recently found family I would love to share this with.
Can someone please help me out locating this?
His name and information is the following:
- Full Name: Alfredo Luigi Donnetti
- Date of Birth: 1870 - 1875
- Place of Birth: Firenze, Italy
I was told he was abandon as a baby at some church in Firenze.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
NorCalItalia

Re: Need Help Finding Birth Certificate

Post by NorCalItalia »

Is there someone I can hire to help find this birth certificate? I believe this person was an orphan at birth.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you don't have his naturalization record

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi here:
Firenze 5 Nov 1870 baptism record
Alfredo Luigi Giuseppe DONNETTI degli Innocenti son of Silviano Donnetti Degli Innocenti and of Carolina Cannoni ( daughter of Gaspero)
https://s22.postimg.org/o6cprhw0h/alfredo.jpg

http://archivio.operaduomo.fi.it/battes ... =193&p=146
hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

add:
maybe the his father was a abandoned baby, but no Alfredo, because Degli Innocenti was the surname given to babies abandoned in the "Spedale degli Innocenti".. Innocent's Hospital is the first institution of this kind in Europe (1419). Designed for curing and raising orphans or abandoned children and giving them a job...
In Firenze, the "Innocenti" or "Degl'Innocenti" or "Nocentini" surnames, still widespread, are a legacy of the surname given in the past to foundlings. Since the 19th century, however, the foundlings had, systematically, fantasy names - given by parish priests, civil servants or the Innocent's hospital scribe - in order to prevent their origin from being revealed.

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jdonetti

Post by Jdonetti »

adelfio wrote: 10 Jun 2017, 21:40 If you don't have his naturalization record

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
This is my great grandparents. Thank you so much. It's good to see his signature.
Jdonetti

Post by Jdonetti »

suanj wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 06:58 add:
maybe the his father was a abandoned baby, but no Alfredo, because Degli Innocenti was the surname given to babies abandoned in the "Spedale degli Innocenti".. Innocent's Hospital is the first institution of this kind in Europe (1419). Designed for curing and raising orphans or abandoned children and giving them a job...
In Firenze, the "Innocenti" or "Degl'Innocenti" or "Nocentini" surnames, still widespread, are a legacy of the surname given in the past to foundlings. Since the 19th century, however, the foundlings had, systematically, fantasy names - given by parish priests, civil servants or the Innocent's hospital scribe - in order to prevent their origin from being revealed.

suanj
Thank you so much for this information. I am having a hard time understanding everything but I will have someone explain it to me.
I could not find any documentation from my great grandfather with the name of his parents, I wonder why.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

You read my previous reply abt the Alfredo baptism record? By the data on the baptism record, you can request the birth certificate in Firenze vital records office....
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jdonetti

Post by Jdonetti »

Thank you so much for your help, you are very sweet and kind.
How do I go about obtaining his birth records? Is there a website that will sell it to me or do I need to send a letter?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, to get the Birth certificate helpful for dual citizenship, you should ask this Birth certificate:

"Estratto dell'atto di Nascita in Modello plurilingue"

sending a request's letter, with your data, the data of your ancestor, the reason of request( italian citizenship application) in italian Language, and please to sign it, to enclose the your ID card picture, and to enclose the envelope already addressed to you, with enclose also the postage coupon, better if italian stamps, and send it
by regular mail, or by recorded mail to:

Archivio di Stato Civile di Palazzo Vecchio
Piazza Signoria n. 2
50122 Firenze (FI)
Italy

best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH