Researching the Tomasso family tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Researching the Tomasso family tree

Post by suanj »

Name: Pellecchia, Felicia
Record Type: Marriages
Quarter: December
Year: 1900
District: Windsor
County: Berkshire Surrey
Volume: 2c
Page: 1030 (click to see others on page)
as you can read, the exact spelling is Pellecchia, because Pollechia exist not in Italy.. from that I see, the Pellecchia family came in UK between 1891 and 1900...

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ChaoticLilOj

Post by ChaoticLilOj »

thanks, I have found information regarding my great grandparent, its just information before them I am trying to locate.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Well, now you know the exact surname spelling of ggmother, the most probable relative's names, and if the birthplace that you say also is right, well... here already ricbru suggest you where to write in Italy for all records... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vineviz »

ChaoticLilOj wrote:My great grandparents came to England from Cassino around 1880-1895, I can find information about them once they are in England, marriage, births etc, but nothing before. My great grandfathers name was Benedetto Tomasso, and my great grandmother was Maria Nicola Pollechia.

Would anyone be able to advise where I can try and find some information regarding their life before coming to England? Does anyone know if any records still exist pre 1940 in Cassino as I know a lot of the town was bombed so dont know if any records survived.
Records for Cassino are quite good before 1860. Almost everything after was destroyed in WWII, however the birth and marriage records were "reconstructed" after the war but mostly only for people who were still alive in in late 1940s and early 1950s (primarily folks born after 1890). Unfortunately, the missing generation is most likely the emigrating one.

If your great grandparents were born before 1860 then you are in luck, as you may also be if they had siblings who lived until the 1940s in Cassino.
ChaoticLilOj

Post by ChaoticLilOj »

Thanks for the information Vineviz,

Kind regards
Joan
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

ChaoticLilOj wrote:Hi,

I have come to a stopping point in my research of my family tree and was wondering if anyone could help.

My great grandparents came to England from Cassino around 1880-1895, I can find information about them once they are in England, marriage, births etc, but nothing before. My great grandfathers name was Benedetto Tomasso, and my great grandmother was Maria Nicola Pollechia.

Would anyone be able to advise where I can try and find some information regarding their life before coming to England? Does anyone know if any records still exist pre 1940 in Cassino as I know a lot of the town was bombed so dont know if any records survived.

If anyone has any information, please email me on j.tomasso@cranfield.ac.uk

Kind regards and thanks
Joan Tomasso
Hello, Did you have any luck at your local Family History Centre, at viewing the Microfilms on records of Cassino?

I myself are looking for information on a Palmerino Tomasso from the Cassino area?

I believe he might have married a Maria Marocca and possbly also had a marriage before?

Have you come across a Palmerino Tomasso in your search?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Lucia Tomasso

Post by Lucia Tomasso »

Hello Joan, I am Lucia Tomasso the youngest daughter of Paul Tomasso and Freddie Tomasso's grandaughter. Benedetto Tomasso was my great grandad, I have photos of Benedetto's Mother and Father and all their children. Hope you are keeping well, Lots of love Lucia X
Lucia Tomasso

Post by Lucia Tomasso »

Sorry I wrote the wrong name my great grandads name was Ernesto Tomasso (Benedetto Tomasso's brother). Lucia Tomasso.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello Lucia,
I have Tomasso Ancestors also, and are researching them at the moment. I have come across records for both Ernesto and Benedetto.
Do you know more of the Tomasso names from Cassino?

Jamie Capaldi
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Shaz1959

Post by Shaz1959 »

Hi joan, whereabouts in the UK are you? My great grandfather - Vincenzo Luigi Tomasso came over from Monte Cassino & settled in Leeds to make a successful business with barrel organs. I have some info from Cassino

Sharon Tomasso