Gallo, Mancuso, Gentile

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gallohjc
Rookie
Rookie

Gallo, Mancuso, Gentile

Post by gallohjc »

Mr husband's Great Grandparents, Calogero Gallo and Domenica Mancuso - I have some info but would like additional.

IN DELIA, CALTANISSETTA, SICILIA, ITALY

Calogero Gallo born 1859 to Stanislao Gallo and Antonia Falzone. Birth record of Calogero and Marriage record of Stanislao and Antonia would give me needed info.

Domenica Mancuso born 1860 to Giuseppe Mancuso and Grazia Riccobene. Again, the Birth record of Domenica and Marriage record of Giuseppe and Grazia would give me needed info.

Calogero and Domenica married 28 February 1878.

I've checked Family Search and Antenati but records start at 1866.

IN CIANCIANA, AGRIGENTO, SICILIA, ITALY

Santa Gentile born 1816 to Giuseppe Gentile and Vincenza Palminteri. Santa married Giuseppe Taglialavore on 20 May 1834. Birth and Death record for Santa needed. She gave birth to 14 children from 1835 to 1858. I have info for Giuseppe.

I've requested some of this info previously but now I'm going through and trying to find the missing pieces.

Thanks for any assistance.

Helen Gallo
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Gallo, Mancuso, Gentile

Post by adelfio »

From the marriage allegati of Calogero Gallo and Domenica Mancuso

Birth record of Calogero Gallo
INDEX#139
1858 Nov 28th in the town of Delia birth of Calogero Gallo son of Stanislao Gallo age 31 farmer and Antonia Falzone age 28

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Domenica Mancuso
INDEX#32
1859 Feb 16th in the town of Delia birth of Domenica Mancuso daughter of Giuseppe Mancuso age 48 farmer and his wife Grazia Riccobene age 25

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Stanislao Gallo
INDEX#31
1859 May 13th in the town of Delia death of Stanislao Gallo age 31farmer born and resides in Delia son of Giuseppe Gallo and Giuseppa Adamo husband of Antonia Falzone

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Antonia Falzone
INDEX#94
1869 Aug 22nd in the town of Delia death of Antonia Falzone age 30 widower of Stanislao Gallo daughter of Giovanni Falzone and Giacoma Tisa

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Giuseppe Gallo
INDXE#300
1868 Dec 6th in the town of Delia death of Giuseppe Gallo age 50 farmer born and resides in Delia widower of Giuseppa Adamo son of Stanislao Gallo and Antonia Gangi

The ages might be off a little because of the extract of the records always check for marriage allegati records they hold a gold mine of information I have gone back 3 and 4 generations sometimes

Glad to help

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Giacoma Tisa
INDEX#59
1871 Oct 8th in the town of Delia death of Giacoma Tisa age 45 born and resides in Delia daughter of deceased Stefano Tisa and Giovanna Mancuso and wife of the living Giovanni Falzone (son of deceased Calogero)

Marty
gallohjc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gallohjc »

Marty, thank you so much for all this info. My Gallo and Mancuso families are less of a mystery now. I'm very greatful for your time and efforts. How did you find info prior to 1866?

Helen
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The marriage allegati contains birth records and marriage banns and any death records of parents or ex spouses so with the marriage of Calogero Gallo and Domenica Mancuso being in 1878 there would be pre 1866 records in the allegati marriage file

Marty

Marty
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Hi Helen,

Concerning Santa Gentile, she wouldn't have a civil birth record since she was born before 1820. Also allegati are not available for Cianciana, so you won't find her baptismal certificate there either. Thus the only way that I can see to get her baptismal certificate now would be to ask a genealogist who works in the area. (I could probably obtain it for you, but it would cost me 5 euros.)

As for her death record, according to her children's records she was already deceased in 1868, so that leaves 11 years to search: 1858 to 1868. I checked the indexes for the death records in 1858-1860 and 1864-1866 but didn't see her in there. I don't have the other indexes already, but I'll look for them a little later. I suspect that 1861 death records for Cianciana are not online, though, and the ones in 1867 and 1868 may be missing indexes. In any event, you're probably not going to learn that much from her death record since you already know who her parents were, when and where she was born, and who her husband was, and you also know that her husband and father were already deceased and in all probability her mother as well. To me a more interesting search would be for Vincenza Palminteri's death record, especially since she was sometimes called Vincenza Cammarata.

As usual you can see what I know about these people in my tree: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/pe ... 3753/facts
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I checked the 1862 and 1863 death indexes but Santa wasn't in there, either. Moreover, 1867 deaths appear to be missing from the records on FamilySearch (unless they're out of order), and 1861 deaths in Cianciana are not on Antenati. The 1868 death records are on FamilySearch, but there is no index, at least not near the end of the records, so one would have to go through them 1 by 1. Eventually I'll do that anyway since I'd like to have an index of those records, but it's very probable that she died in 1861 or 1867, so you won't be able to find her death record online. The comune might have a copy, though.
gallohjc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gallohjc »

Carubia, Thank you for all your efforts. I did visit your tree and will go through 1868 deaths in Cianciana on Family Search 1 by 1. I do have additional children for Santa:
Giovanni b 23 Sep 1835 Giuseppe b 23 Jan 1844 Francesca b 7 Dec 1857
There are 2 Vincenzos 1844 and 1858. In 1844 I have Giuseppe born. Maybe I picked up the wrong name or maybe twins?

Re Vincenza Palminteri/Cammarata - I agree. I would like to check further for her.

I appreciate your research and hope more will develop. Thanks again. Helen
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Thanks for the info, Helen. You're right about Giuseppe being born in 1844 instead of Vincenzo. It appears that that misinformation came from someone else's tree. I found Giovanni's birth record in 1835 on Antenati as you said (I couldn't find it on familysearch). However, I can't find the Francesca 1857 birth. I checked the 1857 birth index but didn't see her. There was a Francesco born in Nov 1855 and Vincenzo in Oct 1858.
gallohjc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gallohjc »

Carubia, you're right. The Francesca I picked up was Francesca Gentile born to Giovanni Gentile and Angela diMaria, 7 Dec 1857. I'm half through the 1868 death notices looking for Santa Gentile.
Helen