re: immigrant return to italy research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re: immigrant return to italy research

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i believe my great grandfather,frank landino,may have returned to italy. i've done extensive research for several years and this is the conclusion i've come to. most likely he returned around 1912 as thats the last time he's found in any us records(checked city directories,census records,death records,etc). as theres no passport record for him,how can i locate a record of his return? not even sure to what comune he may have returned to,as he had family in both palermo(siblings) and barcellona pg in messina(children). b. 1851 in palermo,arrived in 1889 from barcellona pg to new york,naturalized in boston in 1902,found in 1903 and 1904 boston ma. directories,the 1910 us census,and the 1911 and 1912 fitchburg ma. directories. thats it. no further documentation anywhere in the usa. i've written to palermo and barcellona pg for a death record search,but as he could have lived to be 100,its unlikely these civil offices would conduct a search of all years between 1912 and 1951. highly unlikely he died in another state,other than new york,as the only family he had here was in massachusetts(my paternal grandmother) or new york(son). checked deaths for both states in all years up to 1951. nothing. and as he was a longtime barber in boston,its unlikely he died as a pauper or an unknown transient. his wife died in boston in 1902. any suggestions most welcome.