Stefano Macchia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tanner
Veteran
Veteran

Stefano Macchia

Post by Tanner »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the birthday of Stefano Macchia. Stefano was born in Toritto, Bari, Puglia, Italy. I have his brothers birth years: Vito (1806) and Michele (1815). However there might be more siblings and I don't have the date of either of the brother's birthdays. The parents are Francesco Macchia and Antonia Pansa.

If you have any information or resources to find Stefano's birthday(and anyone else's mentioned here, excluding Francesco which I have, please let me know.

Thanks, Tanner
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Stefano Macchia

Post by Italysearcher »

If he was born before 1809 you will need parish records to find the birthdate.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Tanner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tanner »

He may have been born before 1809, his brother was born in 1806 so Steafno's birthday is probably very close to 1809, maybe slightly over or under. How can I find parish records? I know the region is Puglia, the town is Toritto in the metropolitan area of Bari.
gs888

Post by gs888 »

I did a search for catholic parishes there. I think the St. Nicholas church is the main church there.

If you write to them, they may be able to help you.

St. Nicholas church
Largo Chiesa Madre
Toritto, Basilicata 70020 Italy
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Did you find their marriage records?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tanner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tanner »

No, I never found a marriage record.