Vaccarino Family from Riposto Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Kaylie
Veteran
Veteran

Vaccarino Family from Riposto Sicily

Post by Kaylie »

I am searching for ancestors of my grandfather Isidoro Vaccarino, born in Riposto, Sicily in 1877, married to Marianna Monforte. They had one child, male Pasquale born in 1913 in Riposto. Pasquale is my father. My grandfather's date of death is March 10, 1947. In particular I am interested in finding out the relationship between him and Carmelo Vaccarino, born in Riposto 11/11/1881 (DOD 3/1971). Carmelo immigrated to the US (Baltimore MD) and was married to Rosa Greco. They had one child, a daughter Frances Vacarino Caliri. Carmelo's father was Giuseppe Vaccarino who married Francesca Barbagallo. Carmelo also had 2 brothers, Isidoro (DOB 3/1886) and Giuseppe. Is there any way to find out how Carmelo Vaccarino and my grandfather Isidoro Vaccarino were related? Thanks for any help you might offer
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vaccarino Family from Riposto Sicily

Post by adelfio »

You would have to go back through the records of Riposto and see if they are cousins or maybe a inlaw

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Kaylie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaylie »

What sites would you recommend?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Kaylie wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 19:12 What sites would you recommend?
You can use both church and civil (the earlier records you have to use the Family History Library computer
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... =359293-50

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty