Delte family of Italy...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Delte family of Italy...

Post by ptimber »

Pamela I surmise you went thru ellis island records. If you notice it was iunitially indicated he was Swiss but that was deleted and placed under swiss-Italian. In thoise days nationality was conditional to geography. If you notice other italians are northern Italian so Palaguerda which is the town of origin must have been along the frontier. There is no record so this requires research on both our parts. As soon as I hear something or you do please let eachother know. ok? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Delte family of Italy...

Post by ptimber »

Pamela Giovanni Delte enetered the USA at NYC on December 13, 1903 and is listed as a swiss-italian. The ships manifest (after clicking his name then the next screen comes up with Palaguerda as the town and his name and the ship name etc. In the upper left hand corner where you see original ships manifest click that and a screen with the manifest of all the passengers by name will start to come on. Click the enlarge button and the screen will show Giovanni as a swiss-italian and other passengers as north-Italians. The town your fiancee comes from is PALAGNEDRA, Swiutzerland. If you have any questions about this then please get back to me. Lots of Luck. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Delte family of Italy...

Post by ptimber »

Just to make sure go to www.ellisisland.org and put in the surname Delte and there is only one(1) Giovanni Delte that will show up. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Delte family of Italy...

Post by ptimber »

Giovanni is the ONLY delte to enter the USA from the town of Palagnedra, Switzerland and is listed as a Swiss Italian. If youi want to assure yourself then go to www.genalogylookups.com/narchives.htm and submit form 81 to NARA for any Delte arrivals in the USA since records have been kept by the US government. Just put in the name DELTE . Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Delte family of Italy...

Post by ptimber »

HE IS ITALIAN NATIONAL FROM SWITZERLAND. You are not understanding what I am telling you and consequently further discussion is not productive. Soprry.