DiGenova (or Di Genova), Giovanni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
johndigenova

DiGenova (or Di Genova), Giovanni

Post by johndigenova »

I am new to this but am looking for any family history on Giovanni DiGenova, born 1866 in Italy and died in 1946 in the Philadelphia, Pa area. He was married to Guiseppina DiGenova (nee. Carfagno) 1874 - 1926 (born in Italy, died in Philadelphia area). They came to the US in 1892 and show on the 1900 census as John and Josephine DiGenova. Had several children: Cesaria, Generosso, Dominic, Vincent, Rose, Gennaro, Antonina, Angelina, and Alessandro (Alex).

Any leads at all would be great. Thanks in advance.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: DiGenova (or Di Genova), Giovanni

Post by PippoM »

Can you show us the records (census and ship manifests) that you mentioned?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Birth record act of Giuseppa Maria Filomena Carafagno
INDEX#211
1873 Nov 4th in the town of Montella province of Avellino birth of Giuseppa Maria Filomena Carfagno daughter of Gennaro Carafagno age 27 farmer (son of deceased Salvatore) and his wife Cesaria Di Stefano (daughter of Filippo)

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
SDegenova

Post by SDegenova »

My name is Samuel Degenova. I just saw your post in 2017. Giovannia Di Genova was my grandfather my father was generro Di Genova the brother of Cesaria . He later changed the last name to Degenova. He was from Philadelphia and later moved to Cape May Court House New Jersey. I did some esearch on the family backgroung in Italy. If you are intereste contact me at sldg02@outlook.com my email address. Happy to explain what I know.