s.maria maggiore e.s. marcellino in luogosano avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

s.maria maggiore e.s. marcellino in luogosano avellino

Post by mezzogiorno62 » 26 Oct 2017, 23:43

is anyone aware of any parishes in the tiny comune of luogosano in avellino other than the one i've mentioned? the only one i'm aware of is s.maria maggiore e. s.marcellino. i've been trying to find a death record for my paternal 2nd great grandmother rosa martino(my paternal grandfather's paternal grandmother) widow of giovanni ricca. after long and careful research i'm almost 100% certain she died in luogosano between 1862 and 1865,but those years are missing in both the civil registers of the town and at the state archive in avellino. i've contacted both offices as well as contacted don nicolino distasio,the priest at s. maria maggiore e.s. marcellino,as well as the curia of the diocese in avellino with no results.she was born ca.1785 in lapio but lived her entire life in neighboring luogosano after her marriage to giovanni ricca in 1803. giovanni ricca died in 1849 in luogosano and she survived him. she's living in luogosano at the time of her son's marriage(francesco saverio)in 1852. and she was noted as deceased at her son's death in luogosano in 1884. i checked all the years in between,and only 3 are missing from the atti di morte. 1862,1863,and 1865. any help in finding this info. would be most appreciated.