LOOKING FOR LINK BETWEEN STOLA AND CINQUE

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alching
Rookie
Rookie

LOOKING FOR LINK BETWEEN STOLA AND CINQUE

Post by alching »

While researching my Cinque roots I came across an obituary for an Antonio Stola string he had stepbrothers with the surname Cinque:
Can anyone help me connect the relationship?

Antonio Stola, 63 of 101 Smith Place, died at his home late yesterday after a short illness.
He was born in Sicignano, Italy, Sept. 23, 1864 and came to this country about 40 years ago. He married Maria G. Pelzone in Italy about 42 years ago. He was a member of the Utica Lodge, Sons Of Italy, and St Mary of Mt Carmel Church.
Mr. Stola is survived by two sons Louis and Thomas and one daughter Mrs. Anthony Di Nigro, all of Utica; two stepbrothers Gabriele Cinque of Utica, Gerardo Cinque off Rome, NY. Two stepsisters Mrs. Gaetino Giugliano of Utica and Mrs. Lucia Mantia of Chester, Conn., and several grandchildren.
alching
Rookie
Rookie

Re: LOOKING FOR LINK BETWEEN STOIA AND CINQUE

Post by alching »

alching wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 20:12 While researching my Cinque roots I came across an obituary for an Antonio Stola string he had stepbrothers with the surname Cinque:

Antonio Stola, 63 of 101 Smith Place, died at his home late yesterday after a short illness.
He was born in Sicignano, Italy, Sept. 23, 1864 and came to this country about 40 years ago. He married Maria G. Pelzone in Italy about 42 years ago. He was a member of the Utica Lodge, Sons Of Italy, and St Mary of Mt Carmel Church.
Mr. Stola is survived by two sons Louis and Thomas and one daughter Mrs. Anthony Di Nigro, all of Utica; two stepbrothers Gabriele Cinque of Utica, Gerardo Cinque off Rome, NY. Two stepsisters Mrs. Gaetino Giugliano of Utica and Mrs. Lucia Mantia of Chester, Conn., and several grandchildren.
alching
Rookie
Rookie

Re: LOOKING FOR LINK BETWEEN STOIA AND CINQUE

Post by alching »

alching wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 14:22
alching wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 20:12 While researching my Cinque roots I came across an obituary for an Antonio Stola string he had stepbrothers with the surname Cinque:

Antonio Stoia, 63 of 101 Smith Place, died at his home late yesterday after a short illness.
Mr. Stoia is survived by two sons Louis and Thomas and one daughter Mrs. Anthony Di Nigro, all of Utica; two stepbrothers Gabriele Cinque of Utica, Gerardo Cinque off Rome, NY. Two stepsisters Mrs. Gaetino Giugliano of Utica and Mrs. Lucia Mantia of Chester, Conn., and several grandchildren.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: LOOKING FOR LINK BETWEEN STOLA AND CINQUE

Post by Biff83 »

ogically Antonio and the Cinque brothers and sisters shared the same mother. Unfortunately, birth records for Sicignano for 1864 are not online. 1865 is online which I checked in the event his birth year was off by one but no luck. The next available birth years begin with 1929 so they won't help.

There might be clues in domestic records. What was the date of the obituary? Are your Cinque ancestors from the same village and how are the Cinque step siblings in the obituary related to your ancestors? Trying to find any info which might jumpstart a possible search for domestic records.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"