GGF Ambrogio Bianchi - Complicated Time-Line

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: GGF Ambrogio Bianchi - Complicated Time-Line

Post by adelfio »

Did your researcher check records before 1875 here you go

email:anagrafe@comune.santo-stefano-roero.cn.it

Comune di Santo Stefano Roero
Via Capoluogo 23
12040 Santo Stefano Roero (CN)
Italy

attn: Anna Maria Di Napoli

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Annetta Nizza di Antonio Nizza

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Santo Stefano Roero. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Annetta Nizza
Nome e cognome del padre: Antonio Nizza
Luogo di nascita: Santo Stefano Roero
Data di nascita: 1872-1875
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
debbiemfitalian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by debbiemfitalian »

Marty,

I just sent the email. Fingers crossed ! Thank you so much for your time and help! I greatly appreciate it. I will let you know how it goes !
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Hi Debbie,
There is an Ambrogio Giovanni Battista Bianchi in the 1863 index of baptisms for Ferentino with a father Giuseppe.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
debbiemfitalian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by debbiemfitalian »

Happy Holidays ! I hope everyone had a great one!

So, another big complication has come my way. As I have mentioned, I requested a search of my GGM Annetta Nizza's baptism record in the small town she states on the marriage record she was born in, Santo Stefano Roero. There was no result. In October, I wrote letters to the 5 Nizza families I found in the white pages in the little village. I just received a response last week from one. And what a lovely surprise ! He and his family actually went to the parish archives and searched from the years 1870 - 1890 for the baptism record of Annetta Nizza, of Antonio and Margherita. There was no record for her.

They sent me copies of all 5 of the children of Antonio Nizza and Margherita Costa. I had their marriage bans in 1870, and the birth of their first child, Margherita in 1871, because they are online. But the online records only go to 1873, so did not have any other records. All indications are that my GGM was born around 1875-1876.

Since this lovely family searched and found other children born through the 1880's, I now know it is unlikely they relocated like we think my GGF's family did. The next child was a son born in 1878. A large gap between the first and second child, which my GGM would fit nicely in, and would make sense, filling in that gap. (I realize that an infant or multiple ones could have passed in that time frame)

So, I now have two GGP's who claim to be born in towns that have no records of them ! Unbelievable!

Even though her record is not there, I am not 100% convinced this is not my family. She states the village, names of her parents (no maiden name for mother), who exist at the time, so they fit, her age fits. How could this not be her family? How could her record be missing?

The kind gentleman thanked me for instigating interest in his family and village history. But because the baptism record was not found, I got the impression he seemed to think it is not my family (we are using Google translate). But I am not so sure yet. From his letter, I couldn't tell if he was in fact a descendant of Antonio and Margherita. If he is, we could in fact be relatives ! I have written him and asked.

I have tried finding marriage bans and births of children of her siblings, but the online records have large gaps, and the time frame is not there.

Is it unlikely that this could be Annetta's family, and her baptism record was somehow not recorded? Did that happen often enough to make it plausible? They found an Anna Maria born in 1876 to Bartolomeo Nizza, and sent me that. So, I am assuming if they found an Anna or anything close to Annetta, they would have found it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !
Debbie