surname Repio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
plynne9

surname Repio

Post by plynne9 »

Has anybody seen the Surname Repio used in the Sicilian birth records of the mid to late 1800's?
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Re: surname Repio

Post by brogie62 »

I have spent a lot of time in the civil and church records of eastern Sicily (Catania and Siracusa) and have not encountered that surname.

Kevin
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

plynne9 wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 02:31 Has anybody seen the Surname Repio used in the Sicilian birth records of the mid to late 1800's?
I can't even find evidence of this being, or having been, a surname. Do you have any document in which it appears as a surname that you could upload to the forum for us to see?

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

From an earlier post you made in 2014 (see below)... Are you speaking about this Pasquale Repio in your current inquiry?
You have stated that he was a foundling. Foundlings would sometimes be given a "fantasy" name - one that did not exist in the town. It is possible that REPIO was just a "made-up" name...

I have also posted the link to Pasquale's birth record so that the other volunteers here at the forum could view it...
Re: FRANCHINA,DELUCA

Post by plynne9 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:21 pm
I sent a reply, but it seems to have got lost. Yes these are the same records that I found yesterday, of the correct Giacomo.I will be off line for two weeks being that I'll be at a Franchina/DeLuca reunion in Bellevue, Ohio.
Looking forward to sharing my fines.
I heard, but do not know if it is true, that in the past, record offices in Sicily of either the comune or district kept logs on families and their members. What do you know about this?
Can I assume you are Giuseppe Moccaldi. I might want some help on my Grandfather Pasquale Repio, born a Projetti, Messina, Messina Oct. 24th, 1878. Summited on the wheel at the Grande Ospedale Cicico Di Messina. On his birth record, I can not translate the script of Qualita, forma, e colori della vesti. I found this record on Family Search, Messina, Messina 1866-1936, Nati, allegati,
1875-1880, Image 1992 of 3074. How do you do business?
Regards,
Peggy
Birth record:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904

T.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

I think that might be Repici.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

It seems to be found almost exclusively in the city of Messina.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

Here is the link to the original birth record. It does clearly say Repio. There do not seem to be any parents named. Complete translation is beyond me. Was he an orphan?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1967753

Kevin
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

brogie62 wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 22:33 Here is the link to the original birth record. It does clearly say Repio. There do not seem to be any parents named. Complete translation is beyond me. Was he an orphan?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1967753

Kevin

I did all this without reading Tessa's full post. Guess I came to the same conclusion the hard way.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

But at least we agree! :-)

T.