Fortunato De Simone from Napoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mdees54

Fortunato De Simone from Napoli

Post by Mdees54 » 02 Dec 2017, 23:35

Hi everyone, this is my first post to this forum. I've been doing a lot of research on my own, but I'm at a bit of a dead end.

I'm looking for information on my great-great grandfather, Fortunato De Simone from the commune of Napoli. He married Maddalena D'Agostino (born 1/23/1857) from Circello di Benevento and had 3 children of which I am aware. His kids were son Alberto (born 9/14/1887), son Frank Saverio (born 12/25/1889), and daughter Raffaela (born 9/15/1892). They were all born in the commune of Napoli.

Now Fortunato must have died somewhere between 1892-1896, as Maddalena remarried in 1896 to Leopaldo Sirignano, and gave birth to Giovanni Sirignano (born 1/1/1897 in the commune of Napoli).

All I know for sure about Fortunato is his name and that he was born Italy. I only know this from American marriage and death records of his children.

Any information on Fortunato would be a huge help. Ideally, I would like to find his birth, marriage, and death certificate, as well as, Alberto De Simone's birth record. I have no records from Napoli since they are only searchable from 1809-1865.

I sent an email to both the archivio di stato di napoli (as-na@beniculturali.it) and the commune of Napoli (webmaster@comune.napoli.it) almost 3 weeks ago for these records, but i have not received a reply. I made an educated guess on the quartiere, San Ferdinando, since an address in that neighborhood was listed on Frank Saverio's ship manifest in 1907. I think i have most of the american records (census, marriage, death, naturalizations). I do have a lot of info on Maddalena D'Agostino (birth, death, ship manifest). Her birth certificate only lists her second marriage to Sirignano. Also, Maddalena's parents were named Alberto and Raffaela, so maybe Saverio is a hint to Fortunato's father? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
MD

Mdees54

Re: Fortunato De Simone from Napoli

Post by Mdees54 » 21 Dec 2017, 20:42

I am trying to get a copy of Alberto De Simone's (son of Fortunato) birth certificate, but I have not received an email response from the Archivio di Stato of Napoli. I know his exact birthday and have a good guess for the quartiere of Napoli. Is there something else I should be trying?
MD

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 » 22 Dec 2017, 01:08

You might try sending a letter to the Stato Civile - but you should write your request in Italian AND send a copy of your photo ID, as well as an email address.

OR - send your email request again... including a photo ID...but to
stato.civile@comune.napoli.it

T.

Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa » 29 Dec 2017, 20:27

Mdees54

let me know how your search turns out.
I have a de Simone family mystery to unravel too -- while I know of family connected to my GGF Nicolangelo de Simone, I've yet to identify where he was born or who his parents were and to bridge them to him.

Nicolangelo married Silvia Poalucci probably around 1880 - not sure where but Silvia was born in Castelnuovo Della Daunia, Foggia, Italy July 21 1859 (she is not my ggm though - my GF was the son of Nicolangelo and his house servant, my GGM Mariannina LUCIA Fortunata Belvedere) The couple settled in Casacalenda where Nicolangelo was a magistrate ; they started there family and his 'other' family in my GF who was orphaned but led back to his mother eventually where she'd been sent as a result of her pregnancy, to Castopignano.

cheers, John