Damiano La Blunda in Cerami, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jennyrae

Damiano La Blunda in Cerami, Sicily

Post by jennyrae »

I'm looking for help in finding more information on my husband's 5x great-grandfather, Damiano La Blunda. He was from Cerami in Enna province in Sicily. He was married to Anna Pulvirenti.

He's listed as the father of Silvestro La Blunda (born in 1781) in his baptismal record. By the time, Silvestro was married in 1805, he's listed as deceased in his marriage record. Additionally, he had a second son, Michele La Blunda, who was married in 1810. By the time of Michele's marriage, both Damiano and his wife, Anna Pulvirenti are listed as deceased. I cannot locate a baptismal record for Michele La Blunda, but his civil death record of 1844 says that he was born in Cerami in approximately 1790. I think I may have found a death record for Anna Pulvirenti, although she's listed as Anna lablunda, wife of Damiano, on it.

I cannot locate any of the following, even though I feel like I've been through the Cerami parochial records backward and forward:

1. A baptismal record for Damiano La Blunda.
2. A baptismal record for Anna Pulvirenti.
3. A marriage record for Damiano La Blunda and Anna Pulvirenti.
4. A baptismal record for Michele La Blunda.
5. A death record for Damiano La Blunda.

I have also checked the marriage indices for the churches located in Nicosia and Troina, for the time period of the 1760s to the 1780s, and found nothing.

I would love to be able to find the parents of Damiano La Blunda, so that I can continue tracing the La Blunda paternal line backward. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.