New York City - Court Ordering Help/Info/Resources

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VinnyInNOLA
Rookie
Rookie

New York City - Court Ordering Help/Info/Resources

Post by VinnyInNOLA »

Currently, I only need to obtain a few last documents towards my Dual-Citizenship application. One of the last documents I need to obtain is my Grandmothers Birth Certificate from New York City. She divorced my Grandfather in the late 70s, remarried in the 90s, and passed away around 1999, in California. At this point, my Mother would be the one to request an official copy of her birth certificate. On the Health.gov site, it clearly states,"A court order from a New York State Court of competent jurisdiction is required."

Does anyone have any resources for this process? My mother lives in New Mexico and we don't presently have family located in New York, nor do we have the resources to go to the NYC courts in front of a judge to get this taken care of. My Grandfather is still alive, but lives in California, and since they divorced (and both remarried) I doubt he's qualified to try to obtain the official birth record.