Apice,Benevento Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie

Apice,Benevento Records

Post by adellagreca »

I was looking at the Stato Civile Italiano on the beni culturali website for Apice, Benevento and found that the marriage and death records before 1932 are not there. What happened to them? Are they available elsewhere?
Thanks
Neil
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Apice,Benevento Records

Post by Italysearcher »

As far as I know you can only get these from the town office. The State Archivies don't have everything.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

Neil, I'm having the same problem trying to find my grand-mothers birth and marriage from Teramo. Actually she was born in a small hamlet or frazione of that city and I am now told by a cousin who has also been searching that records from small hamlets are not available at the archives. Perhaps your ancestor was also born in a hamlet or small frazione?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The records from small hamlets are either with the town they are a 'frazione' of or they are a Comune by themselves. I don't know why the Archives wouldn't have them if they are before 1865. After 1866 records are coming from the Tribunal who maybe haven't released them yet.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adellagreca »

Thanks, everyone! I am originally from the province of Salerno and I have been pretty successful with the my hometown records, particularly with the help of the experts on this website. In this case I was trying to help a friend with his research and I was surprised to see some records but not others. Help is truly appreciated