Cristaudo - Sambiase, Lamezia Terme,Catanzaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cachen

Cristaudo - Sambiase, Lamezia Terme,Catanzaro

Post by cachen »

I am looking for information on two brothers, the first being my great grandfather. I'm hoping to find out whom their parents were and anything before Francesco Immigrated to the United States:

Francesco Cristaudo (Changed name to Frank Cristado once in America)
Born: October 16th, 1894 in Sambiase, Italy
Died: May 9th, 1961 in Hennepin Minnesota, USA

Vincenzo Cristaudo

Born: November 11th, 1879 in Sambiase, Italy
Died: April 4th, 1964 in Sambiase, Italy

The only hint I have as to their fathers name is within Francesco's immigration record where it lists a "John" Cristaudo, which may be Giovanni. Any help would be greatly appreciated
tulliocristaudo

Re: Cristaudo - Sambiase, Lamezia Terme,Catanzaro

Post by tulliocristaudo »

Vincenzo Cristaudo died 4 april
1964 in Sambiase whas my grandfather . I know thai my grandfather Vincenzo had brother Francesco in Usa.
My father whas Giovanni died 3 february 1999 in Sambiase.
My name is Tullio and I LIVE in Florence.
cachen

Post by cachen »

I have several old photographs of what I assume are relatives on my great-grandfathers side from Italy, let me know if any of these individuals look familiar in photos you have.

First Photo

Second Photo

Third Photo (The man in the back of this one is my Great-Grandfather, Frank Cristado)

Fourth Photo

Fifth Photo

Sixth Photo
roberta.cristaudo

Post by roberta.cristaudo »

Dear Cachen,
My name is Roberta and I'm from Lamezia Terme (new name of Sambiase town) but I live in Forli'. I guess that your great grandfather Francesco was the brother of my great grandfather Vincenzo died in Sambiase in 1964. He had 3 sons (Lorenzo, Giovanni and Francesco - my grand father) and 4 daughters (Innocenza, Anita, Teresa and Vincenza). Unfortunately at the moment are all died. My grand father Francesco had a very strong memory about our family history, he has spoken a lot of time about his relatives in USA. We have the second picture that you posted, one of the 2 man is my grandfather Francesco. Unfortunately he died in 2013. Me and my brother, Francesco Cristaudo, are keeping a lot of pictures, notes and information. If you would like to have more information about genealogical tree we are open to support you. You can contact us by email or social networks. Kind regards, Roberta