Ginoble (Genobli) Family history?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
danielginoble

Ginoble (Genobli) Family history?

Post by danielginoble »

So I've always been interested in my lineage. Especially now that I learned if you can prove it you get Italian citizenship. Come on, that's just plain awesome. Anywho; I have zero clue how to go about doing that. I mean- I understand the broad strokes but getting a rundown from someone who's done it would be helpful. Do I use ancestry.com to get started? I've read bad things but don't know any alternatives. 23 and me? I know my parents and grandparents info but from what I understand we came to America around 1916 through Ellis island and they(My parents) really don't know much about before that. (It's ironic! They (Grandparents)wanted so badly to assimilate into American culture they didn't talk much about the old country and now I'd KILL to hear those stories!)
So any help would be appreciated greatly.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Ginoble (Genobli) Family history?

Post by Italysearcher »

There are lots of dual citizenship message boards that will help. You will need to learn what extracts of irth and marriage you will need and also learn if you qualify.
Good luck.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Weclome to IG website
Your family possible comes from Teramo province?
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
danielginoble

Post by danielginoble »

I know my mother's side (Esposito) is from Siciliy and my fathers side is supposed to be from just north of Rome so yes that sounds right! Also my grandfathers first name was Giuseppe. I'll call my parents and get as much info as I can soon! The Italian citizenship is secondary to me finding out my roots. If it happens and I can great but I'm more focused on family history!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

My guesses are "Genobile" (Abruzzo) and "Ginobili" (Macerata)...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.