Searching for Birth Record/Birth Place

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
flaviaverdini

Searching for Birth Record/Birth Place

Post by flaviaverdini »

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying to find Leopoldo Andrea Verdini's birth records or, at least, birth place. It is estimated that his date of birth is around January 22nd, 1852.

He was a journalist and came to Brazil to cover the italian immigration (don't know what year exactly, but he got married around 1880 already in Brazil).

Can anyone help me? I'm stuck and don't know where to search anymore.

Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching for Birth Record/Birth Place

Post by suanj »

Hi by this Birth record of a his child, seeming that the his father was Andrea Verdini and his mother Margherita( no maiden name); Leopoldo on 1894 was 41 old.. so matching enough https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1582573
to knowthe birthplace is a bit hard, because the surname is very popular, you know his mother maiden name?
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
flaviaverdini

Post by flaviaverdini »

Hi, Suanj!

Thank you for your help! It is indeed the same person on the document you found! However, I do not know the maiden name of his mother. It's been really rough finding information.

On the record you sent, it shows he got married at Freguesia Nossa Senhora da Glória, but I had no luck yet trying to find his marriage certificate.

It also states that both his parents, Andrea and Margherita, were already deceased in 1894.

I only have his (Leopoldo) death certificate, but it doesn't say anything about Italy. I have both marriage and death certificates of one of his sons (Fausto), which is my great grandfather, but I do not have his birth certificate (estimated birth date: January 11th 1885).

Do you have any advice on what I should try next? I feel like I'm stuck on this research because of the birthplace. Don't know what to try.

Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, again me...
I don't know if effectively Leopoldo andrea Verdini was born in Italy.. because in some document it is wrote that he was of the "Capital" no of Italy.. it could be possible that he immigrated in Brasil very voung? I say so, because I found this info:
https://s33.postimg.cc/abmlb6aqn/verdini.png
source: http://www.an.gov.br/Basedocjud/MenuDoc ... DocJud.php
and seeming that the Andre Verdini was in Brasil on 1857.. If I am no wrong reading the above document...
your suggestions??
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

To see in this Birth record of Carlos Russell Verdini, well Leopoldo andrè Verdini "natural deste Capital" so born in Brasil
Carlos Russel Virdini Virdini
Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, Registro Civil
Name
Carlos Russel Virdini Virdini
Event Type
Birth Registration
Event Place
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Birth Date
9 Mar 1894
Father's Name
Leopoldo André Virdini
Mother's Name
Candida Russel Virdini
Certificate Number

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1582573
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Also in this Birth record, 13 aug 1891, abt Joao Russel Verdini birth
Leopoldo andre Verdini stated to be born in the Capital:
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The same in the Birth of America Russel Verdini: 21 Jan 1899
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
flaviaverdini

Post by flaviaverdini »

Wow, Suanj!

I had found some documents as well saying he was "from this capital", but some people said it was normal to write that at this time even if the person was not actually from Brazil.

But if his father was here back in 1857, then probably he was born in Brazil or moved here very young. This makes everything more interesting because we always knew the story that he moved to cover the Italian immigration (and he was indeed a journalist, I've found a lot of newspapers with his name on it). Maybe that was his father that moved here with Margherita?

Now it makes it harder because I'm probably not going to be able to find information about this since it was this long ago and I don't know what region they were from.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciated it! I'm going to continue trying to find out more information and if I find anything, I'll come back here to share.

Thank you for your assistance!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

No, as regards the nationality, if they were Italian they wrote it on. Church records are precise and are the primary source for discovering the origins of an Italian ancestor, because sometimes they also indicated the place of birth. If they wrote that it was from the Capital it means that he was born in Brazil. Regarding the fact that it is more difficult, it would be advisable to have the folder of trial or what it was, of1857 issue, because it is very probable, as it is a legal document that there is also wrote the Italian city of origin..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
flaviaverdini

Post by flaviaverdini »

Oh, I see! I've sent an email to the National Archive to check if it's possible to get this 1857 document you found. Hopefully the city of origin will be there!

Thank you so much for all of your help, Suaj! I'll update you later on it!

Thanks again!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Happy to help!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
flaviaverdini

Post by flaviaverdini »

Hello, everyone!

I'm still struggling to find out the birthplace, but I was able to find a possible middle name of Leopoldo's mother: Bacchi - it's not her full maiden name but it could be something. It might not be her, but there was a Margherita Bacchi Verdini who I'm guessing graduated as a levatrice in 1857, in Milan, in Porta Comasina (https://books.google.com.br/books?id=kZ ... ni&f=false)

This is probably the same year Margherita and Andrea came to Brazil with Leopoldo, because of that 1857 document issued in Brazil - but I couldn't get ahold of this file yet. At the same time, Leopoldo's year of birth is probably 1852. I'm not sure if it would be normal at this time for her to graduate after the baby, so that's why I worry it's not the same person. However, she could be preparing to come to Brazil so she would be able to work.

Again, I'm stuck at this point and, even with this middle name, couldn't find any information on her. It would be great if any of you could help me dig a little deeper on this.

Grazie mille!
acs-rio-de-janeiro

Post by acs-rio-de-janeiro »

Dear Flavia
I have some info about your ancestor Margherita Verdini.
I am a PHD researcher on theatre and opera history in 19th-century Brazil.
Margherita Verdini was a famous opera singer in Rio de Janeiro named "Margherita Deperini".
Please, DM me and I´ll send you my personal e-mail.
It will be a pleasure to help you out and meet a Margherita Deperini´s family member!
Hope you can see this message.
All the best!
Andrea Carvalho Stark, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil