Italian PM Giuseppe Conte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cportante
Rookie
Rookie

Italian PM Giuseppe Conte

Post by cportante »

Ciao a tutti!

Current Italian PM Conte was born in Volturara Appula (FG), Puglia, was raised in S. Giovanni Rotondo (FG), and lived for a time in Vissuto (FG). He graduated from school in San Marco in Lamis (FG). Does anyone happen to know where his ancestors originally came from, though?

Italian and English sources don't provide much more information on his origin than the above.

San Severo and Lucera are the two closest "hubs" of Conte families to these towns, I believe.

My GGM and her forbears were from San Severo, so I'm just curious to know if I might be distantly related to the current PM. It's a very common name in the area, so the chances are very high that it is a "no", especially if his ancestors were not from San Severo. Just curious...

Grazie!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Italian PM Giuseppe Conte

Post by adelfio »

What birth year is Giuseppe Conte?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
cportante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cportante »

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You have to write for his birth record where is from England?

Name:Giuseppe V Conte
Registration Date: 1964
Registration district: Eton
Inferred County: Buckinghamshire
Re-registration Year: 1964
Mother's Maiden Name: Sposato
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 830

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

When I hear Prime Minister Conte speak with his distinctive Pugliese Italian accent, I am reminded of my wonderful Pescara dentist, Matteo Danza, who was also from San Giovanni Rotondo and had a beautiful photo of Padre Pio in his office (San Giovanni Rotondo being the town where Padre Pio is enshrined). Sadly my dentist passed away two years ago at the age of 58.
cportante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cportante »

jennabet wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 13:53 When I hear Prime Minister Conte speak with his distinctive Pugliese Italian accent, I am reminded of my wonderful Pescara dentist, Matteo Danza, who was also from San Giovanni Rotondo and had a beautiful photo of Padre Pio in his office (San Giovanni Rotondo being the town where Padre Pio is enshrined). Sadly my dentist passed away two years ago at the age of 58.
Jennabet,

What are some distinct characteristics of the Pugliese accent?

Thanks,
Chris
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

I just know it when I hear it and that it's different from the Abruzzo accent, much like you would recognize a Georgia accent as opposed to one from Pennsylvania, for example.