surname pozzi....lago como...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ana-maria_pozzi

surname pozzi....lago como...

Post by ana-maria_pozzi »

hey , does anyone know anything about people named pozzi from lago como? if u do pls help. thanks
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: surname pozzi....lago como...

Post by nuccia »

Hi ana-maria_pozzi,

Can you tell us exactly what you want to know? Pozzi is a common name and there are over 640 Pozzi that travelled through Ellis Island to America prior to 1924. Are you reseaching the surname in the US or Italy? Are you looking for a particular person or for relatives? The more specific you are, the more help we can give you.

Nuccia :D
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi There,

As Nuccia stated, if you can give us a little more information, we can help you better. We need full names, year of birth, and where they settled in the USA.

Now I found these people in Ellis Island.

Pozzi,Pasquale Como 1892 43 1849
Pozzi,Giuseppe Como 1911 34 1877
Pozzi,Luigi Como, Italy 1920 25 1895
Pozzi,Privato Como, Italy 1911 17 1894
Pozzi,Tereza Como 1911 34 1877

There is microfilm for the town of Como. Here is the link with the film numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Here is the address if you want to write to the town for records.

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Como
Via V. Emanuele II, 97
22100 Como
ITALY

Here is the official web site.
http://www.comune.como.it/navigation/home/como.jsp

Here is a link that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

And also, "lago como" means Lake Como. There isn't a town called Lago Como, but Como is a town and a Province. This is why we need more information from you.

Plus do you have your ancestor's naturalization papers? This will help you know exactly what town he is from.

I hope this help
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

ricbru wrote:these are the pozzi in como area

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0

bye Riccardo
Riccardo is quite right about the 'Como' area....but Lake Como is bordered by three provinces:

1. Como (CO)
2. Lecco (LC)
3. Sondrio(SO).

By using the 'Pagine Bianche' link that Riccardo rightly gave you, you can also enter, in turn, 'lc' and then 'so' you will find another 200 'Pozzi's' in each of these other provinces.

Hope that may be of some help.....

Elba.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Elba,

You are correct, and that's why I made the following comments.

"And also, "lago como" means Lake Como. There isn't a town called Lago Como, but Como is a town and a Province. This is why we need more information from you.

Plus do you have your ancestor's naturalization papers? This will help you know exactly what town he is from."

The Person who made the person needs more information and proof in order to help locate exactly where their ancestors are from.

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Hi Trish,

Yes I do realise that...... but my only defence (if I need one with you) is that as I read richbru's reply, wrote my advice, by the time I posted it - there was your reply!
You beat me to it by a few minutes I think. My only consolation has to be that "Great minds think alike" - am I right, or am I right????
I was in no way trying to duplicate your advice. That's not my style.

elba.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
ana-maria_pozzi

Post by ana-maria_pozzi »

hey, thank you all for your response.my aunt does have some papers she obtained from the como archive.To be more specific, I know my g- g -grandfather's name was cesaro de pozzi, his son, my g- grandfather was augusto pozzi, my g-g mother balabene iosefina and their son, my grandfather, pozzi gheorghe franz was born on 22 08 1920. i'm trying to find some descendents from my family who are still in italy. thank you again.
ana-maria pozzi
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ana-maria_pozzi wrote: i'm trying to find some descendents from my family who are still in italy. thank you again. ana-maria pozzi
Hi Again,

Well if you are only looking for people still in Italy, then Ricbru gave you the best information in finding relatives in Italy.

If you are looking to do your genealogy, then we need to know the town in Como that your ancestor was from.

And to Elba (Carole), I only posted my message again for I wasn't sure if it went through the first time. I'm keep getting "error" messages so I wasn't sure if anyone saw my original message where I was asking the poster to give more information for she needed "proof" of a town's name. As you stated, "great minds think alike!":) Keep up the great work!

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
Judith

Joseph Pozzi (c1791-1871)

Post by Judith »

JOSEPH POZZI was born about 1791 and brought up in Italy. His father was a miller. He left in company with many others as a refugee during Napoleon's conquest of the peninsula, in order to escape conscription. He is thought to have arrived in Elgin, Moray, Scotland between 1808 and 1818 at the request of the Catholic Church to conduct work and repair on the church silver. He was listed in Elgin directories as a goldsmith, silversmith and jeweller from 1825 to 1851. In 1851, he was enumerated in Auldearn Village as a travelling jeweller, and his family was in Elgin. In 1861 Joseph was called an optician. Joseph died at his home in Elgin on December 23rd 1871 and was buried in Elgin Cathedral Cemetery. Some Scottish records say he was from the Como Lake area. How can I find his Italian family?
Proudie53

Post by Proudie53 »

Hi Judith

I'm a descendant of Joseph as well. He was my 3xGt Grandfather. I'm also trying to find out about his birth.

Brenda