MISC.RECORDS IN AVELLINO,MESSINA,PALERMO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

MISC.RECORDS IN AVELLINO,MESSINA,PALERMO

Post by mezzogiorno62 » 06 Oct 2018, 19:14

after 20 years of long and tedious research for misc.records in both avellino province(paternal grandfather)and messina and palermo provinces(paternal grandmother) i'm at a total loss as to how to proceed further. my research includes both viewing the filmed records at lds and numerous letters of inquiry sent to both civil and church archives in italy.basically just fishing for new possible options and suggestions. following is a list of what i'm researching and the specific walls i've hit. 1.atti di battesimo-giovanni ricca ca.1775 luogosano avellino. 2.atti di battesimo-rosa martino ca.1785 lapio avellino(wife of giovanni). 3. atti di battesimo-giulio melchionno ca.1792 san mango sul calore avellino. 4. atti di battesimo-celeste dipesa ca.1805 taurasi avellino(wife of giulio) 5.atti di battesimo-salvatore landino ca.1820 palermo palermo. 6.atti di battesimo-rosalia mancuso ca.1817 palermo palermo(wife of salvatore) 7.atti di battesimo-mattia puleio ca.1818 san filippo del mela messina(wife of domenico bonarrigo). all pre civil registration. no response from dioceses in avellino,palermo, messina, or local parishes. 8. morti-rosa martino- luogosano avellino probably died ca.1862-1865. these years are missing at both the comune & state archives. 9.matrimoni-francesco landino & maria bonarrigo ca.1868-1872 in or near barcellona pg messina. checked all surrounding comunes as well as palermo,birthplace of francesco. 1st child salvatore b.1872 in barcellona pg when francesco was 20 and maria 24. this is why i doubt they married before 1868 when francesco would only have been 16.10. morti-francesco landino d.after 1912. possibly in the usa or italy. born in palermo and long time resident in barcellona pg messina. husband of maria bonarrigo. immigrated to usa in 1889. not found again until 1902. lived in boston area ca.1902-1912. never found anywhere else in usa other than massachusetts. then he dissappears. no death record here. died after 1912. already 60 by this time. checked passport applications and deaths of us citizens in italy to see if he returned and died in either his native palermo or barcellona pg messina. nothing. 11. & 12. atto di morti-domenico bonarrigo & mattia puleio. married in santa lucia del mela in 1845. died after 1852 as the last child i found born to them in soccorso(frazione of gualtieri sicamino)was in that year. both in early 30s then and could have lived up to 1900 or beyond. checked all years up to 1910 in gualtieri sicamino. checked surrounding comunes as well. nothing. odd as people with families rarely moved around much. anyway,just putting it all out there.keep in mind i've been at this for 20 years and tried all the options and beyond. haven't missed much.just hoping i might finally get lucky.