DE LAURENTIIS OF TORELLA, AVELLINO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CarlaGrillo39
Rookie
Rookie

DE LAURENTIIS OF TORELLA, AVELLINO

Post by CarlaGrillo39 » 28 Oct 2018, 02:09

Hello all,
I'm looking for more information about the de Laurentiis family from Torella dei Lombardi, Avellino. I've traced the family back to Nicola di Lorenzo/De Laurentiis and his wife, Francesca Flore. They have the following children:
1. Isaja/Isaia (1743-1813) - this line descends to Dino de Laurentiis, film producer.
2. Ronaldo (1746-1832)
3. Samuele (1753-1813) - my direct line.
4. Giuseppe (1763-1820)
5. Domenico (unsure of birth and death)

I find two things unusual about this family. Firstly, I think some of the names given to the children are rather unusual for the area (e.g., Samuele, Ronaldo). Secondly, some members of the family appear to be literate and holding high positions within the community (e.g., priests, notaries). However, others are illiterate and work as farmers. Is this typical?

I'm not really sure what to make of it all, but I would love to connect with other descendants and get as much information as possible about this family. Also, it would be great if I could research this line further back through Church Records, but unsure if this is possible?

Many thanks in advance.
Carla
Pizzirusso, Compitiello, Rafaniello, Ferrantino, Cona, and Sterbinetto families. All from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Avellino.