Looking for any Fio family from Lonate Pozzolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
flymunkay

Looking for any Fio family from Lonate Pozzolo

Post by flymunkay »

Hello, My name is Jan and I live in Alaska. My issue is we are not getting very far with finding any of my grandfather’s family by last name of Fio from around Lonate Pozzolo. My daughter actually just moved to Milan from Alaska to get married and wants to see if she can find any family nearby. Both my grandparents were born in Lonate Pozzolo and moved to San Francisco Bay area. My Great Grandfather was Fabrizio Fio he came to US but went back to Lonate and my grandfather was Pietro who did not come to US until 1921.My father was first born in his family in the US. My sister tried years ago to get info in Lonate Pozzolo herself but the records were in offsite storage and no one could tell her how to get his birth certificate. I have all dates and sadly he died young of ALS in California. Because he and my Grandmother were divorced very soon after my fathers birth we had no contact with the Fio side we have the ship records and death records of Carolina Regalia, my grandmother and Pietro Fio her son but no birth certificates in Italy. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance!
It may be cold outside, but it’s always warm in here!