Manuele

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Manuele

Post by gemellua » 09 Nov 2018, 22:53

A cousin who knew I was researching the family gave me a box of photos and funeral cards. He recently died. I came across funeral cards of Salvatore Manuele (13 June 1949 NYC) and Giuseppina Manuele (13 Oct 1958 Bronx, NY) I believe they were husband and wife. I am hoping that Giuseppina is my great aunt, Giuseppa Randazzo. She would have married in NY. I have my aunt's birth record and her Ellis Island manifest. I tried to view Salvatore's 1899 Ellis Island record departing Sciara, Sicily,(town of birth) however when you try to view it a different record is posted on Ellis Island's site. I'd like someone here to view a NY Census if possible. I was told that she had a few sons born before 1912. Thank you.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Manuele

Post by Biff83 » 10 Nov 2018, 01:43

Here's the 1899 manifest you mentioned. Line 13. Born 1886 in Sciara, joining brother Luigi in NY.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"

Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 » 10 Nov 2018, 01:48

NYC 1912 marriage information and naturalization document.

Name Salvatore Manuele
Event Type Marriage
Event Date 08 Dec 1912 same date as one referenced on following naturalization
Event Place Manhattan, New York, New York, United States
Event Place Manhattan, New York, New York
Gender Male
Age 27
Marital Status Single
Race White
Birth Year (Estimated) 1885
Birthplace Polermo, Italy
Father's Name Salvatore
Mother's Name Lorenza Fusela
Spouse's Name Giuseppina Callari
Spouse's Gender Female
Spouse's Age 27
Spouse's Marital Status Single
Spouse's Race White
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated) 1885
Spouse's Birthplace Polermo, Italy
Spouse's Father's Name Antonio
Spouse's Mother's Name Maria Panepinto

Naturalization document for Salvatore Manuele and wife Giuseppa and children Lorenza, Mario and Antonio; all born after 1912
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 » 10 Nov 2018, 16:16

Gemellia,

Can you post the information you have for your great aunt? Birthdate, place of birth, parents' names, manifest, etc. These would be helpful in searching for information. Knowing her parents' names might help narrow the following possible NY marriages:

Name: Giuseppina Randazzo
Marriage Date: 29 Oct 1910
Marriage Place: Manhattan, New York, USA
Spouse: Michele Ignlzio
Certificate Number: 23458

Name: Giuseppa Randazzo
Marriage Date: 9 Jul 1910
Spouse: Antonino Papa
Certificate Number: 15343

Name: Giuseppa Randazzo
Marriage Date: 18 Jun 1905
Spouse: Lucis Calderaio
Certificate Number: 12800

Name: Giuseppina Randazzo
Marriage Date: 7 Oct 1906
Spouse: Andrea Pastore
Certificate Number: 24656

Biff

gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua » 11 Nov 2018, 23:31

Biff83 -
Thank you for the manifest and info. Unfortunately this Giuseppina is not my aunt. I guess the couple were just paisano. I was excited when I found these cards because in my DNA group someone with the surname Manuele came up. I thought I had solved the mystery. When I first started searching for my aunt, I requested all the marriage records you listed. She is not among them. I've been told she may have just married in a NYC or Bronx church, as a few of my relatives did without having a State certificate of marriage. Without knowing the exact church, I can't find her. Giuseppa (her birth name and what we call her) was born in 1873 Sciara, Sicily. She arrived with my grandmother and great grandmother to NYC Nov 1899. Passenger ID 604025150031, Frame 541, line 3. The group were coming to be my grandfather Matteo Randazzo, Giuseppa's brother not Michele which is incorrectly listed on the manifest. Sciara records do not list her marrying there. But now I'm wondering since I was told she married someone from the same town, perhaps she married a Michele Randazzo? And the manifest should have listed husband to be, not brother. There are Randazzos' in the town that for now I do not find in my direct line.