Help with surnames Grassi, Montanari y Spaggiari (Reggio Emilia)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DIEGOGRASSI

Help with surnames Grassi, Montanari y Spaggiari (Reggio Emilia)

Post by DIEGOGRASSI » 04 Jan 2019, 14:06

Hi everyone,
My name is Diego Grassi. I'm a new member in this group. I was born in Argentina but currently living in France (Bordeaux). One of my hobbies is genealogical research and I have spent several years building the genealogical tree of the Grassi family who emigrated from Italy to Argentina. However, I have very little knowledge about my ancestors that stayed in Italy.
So far I know that my ancestor who emigrated from Italy was called Luigi Giuseppe Maria Grassi (see attached files). He was my great-great-grandfather and he was born in San Prospero Strinati, Reggio Emilia on 13 August 1849. Luigi Grassi's parents were Pietro Grassi and Rosalia Montanari. His godparents were Giovanni Batista Grassi and Giulia Spaggiari (marriage). Giovanni Batista Grassi should be Pietro Grassi's brother (not sure about this, it's only speculation). The name of Pietro Grassi's father was Giulio Grassi (born around 1800, I think in Reggio Emilia also).
Luigi Grassi married Maria Nicora (born in Marseille, Genoa) in Genoa on February 2, 1876 (see attached files). They had 2 kids in Italy, one called Rosa (born in Picerno, 1878) and another one called Cesare (born in Genoa, 1880). Around 1884 this family emigrated to Argentina. My great-grandfather was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1885.
I would like to know the identity of the Grassi family members before Guilio and Pietro Grassi, as well as the history of the Grassi family that stayed in Italy or emigrated to other countries. Therefore, if one of these names match or is listed between your ancestors, please let me know. All the information you can send me will be useful to continue my research. I'm also open to ideas or suggestions.
Thank you in advance for your help and kindness.
Regards,

Diego Grassi

PS: I wrote several e-mails to the Reggio Emilia State Archive and the San Prospero Strinati Church to see if they could give me more information about my great-great-grandfather or his relatives but they told me that I have to do the research personally or through an intermediary. So I'm planning a trip to Reggio Emilia in the near future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.