Rumiano and Montabone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AmyCherie

Rumiano and Montabone

Post by AmyCherie »

Hi! I'm searching for information on the family names Montabone and Rumiano.

Angelo Rumiano (born in Turin in 1881) immigrated to the United States (not sure through which port) in 1902 or 1903. I believe his parents were Battista and Lidistine.

Angelo married Luiga (or Louisa) Rumiano in 1906, whom he met in Pennsylvania. Luiga was born in Susa (October 5, 1879-parents Battista? and Maria?) and immigrated to the United States in 1904 (again, I do not know which port). The couple had 8 children, all born in Pennsylvania: Eladrina (Ella), Batista (Pete), Emma, Leno (Leo), (Eda) Edith, Doris, Celso Nelo (Chester) and Esther.

I am primarily interested in information on their arrival to the United States and any family connections in Susa and Turin. I am currently living in Europe and would love to be able to make a connection!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Rumiano and Montabone

Post by suanj »

Hi a Battista( Baptiste) Rumiano coming from Susa:

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 3147080038
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi,

Could this be Pete's SSDI?

Social Security Death Index Recordinfo
about Pete Rumiano
Name: Pete Rumiano
SSN: 180-07-6422
Last Residence: 16922 Galeton, Potter, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Born: 10 Jan 1910
Died: Apr 1973
State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (Before 1951 )

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Not sure about this manifest. Any comments :?:

Angelo Rumiano (transcribed by Ellis Island)arrived 8/17/1912

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0133%2ETIF
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Checked 1910, 1920, 1930 census & nothing came up for the name RUMIANO in PA. Can you provide more exact location?

Also, there is a WWI draft card for a Angelo Rumiano born 1895 (listed as 1985), but he listed in Vermillion County, IL.
AmyCherie

Post by AmyCherie »

Thank y'all for such quick responses! I found them in the 1910, 1920 and 1930 census. They were not listed in the 1910 or 20 census in the index on ancestry.com, so I just had to look at all of the sheets from Galeton, Potter County and found them. The problem is the name Rumiano is spelled so many different ways and my great-great grandmother is listed differently on each (Lugia, Louise and Montabone).

Yes, that is Uncle Pete!

I don't think that is the correct Angelo (dated 1912), as he came over in either 1902 or 1903 and was listed as living in PA with children by then.

The Battista does interest me though. I think it may be Angelo's brother, but I don't know. It even lists the town as Suza and that is where they are from.

I found another board with Montabones from Susa looking for relatives. I am hoping to get a response as to some names and dates so maybe I can piece some of this together.

Thanks so much!
Amy