Death Certificates from 1950's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ben Crowden

Death Certificates from 1950's

Post by Ben Crowden » 16 Apr 2019, 14:26

Hi everyone!

Have had a lot of success with my Italian family history, but there's one branch that is proving tricky...

Does anyone here know what information a death certificate from the 1950's would contain? Would it tell me where exactly that person was born?

My great-grandmother, Augusta Fabris was born on the 8th of September 1888 (Somewhere near Venice), and died in 1951 (Near Modena).

Is there an index of Death Records from the 1950's that I'd be able to search through?

Thanks,

Ben

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Death Certificates from 1950's

Post by erudita74 » 16 Apr 2019, 16:07

Due to Italian government privacy laws,* Italian civil records for the 1950s are not yet available to the public except, I believe, by writing directly to the town in question and stating the reason for needing a copy of the record. I have one such record which my grandfather himself requested back in the 1958-a copy of his mother's Italian death certificate which he appears to have needed to collect benefits here in the U.S. At least that is what is written on her certificate of death. It does contain her place of birth, which was the same as his, which he already knew, her date of birth, and the number of the birth act, as well as the fact that she was widowed and the name of her deceased husband, my grandfather's father, as well as her date of death, the number of the death act, and that this death act, and its number, appears in Part I of the death acts for 1958.

*the restriction on the release of Italian civil records to the public used to be that the record had to be 75 or 70 years old before it was released for public viewing, but I don't know if that has changed, or depends on the type of record. One of the volunteers in Italy will have to clarify the current privacy law there.

Erudita

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio » 16 Apr 2019, 16:33

Do you have a husbands name?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Ben Crowden

Post by Ben Crowden » 16 Apr 2019, 19:27

Her husband was Giuseppe Benvenuto Oberti

Born 31 MAY 1873 • Lovere, Bergamo, Lombardia, Italy.

Died 1925
G Oberti Birth.jpg
adelfio wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 16:33
Do you have a husbands name?

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio » 17 Apr 2019, 00:03

Send for their wedding record to get her parents name and I think she was born in Corigliano

COMUNE DI CONEGLIANO
P.zza Cima, 8 -
31015 Conegliano (TV)
Italy

email: protocollo@comune.conegliano.tv.it

OGGETTO: Richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimono Giuseppe Oberti il 1873 nato Lovere and Augusta Fabrisi il 1888 nato Conegliano

Un esempio per richiedere il documento via e-mail

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persones
Nome e cognome : Giuseppe Oberti
Nome e cognome del padre: Giuseppe Oberti son of deceased Lorenzo
Nome e cognome della madre: Caterina Volpi
Nome moglie: Augusta Fabris
Luongo di nascita: Conegliano
Data di nascita: 1888
Luongo di matrimono: Conegliano
Data di matrimono 1910
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione.
Distinti saluti,

NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID DATE RETURN ENEVELOPE WITH ADDRESS

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Ben Crowden

Post by Ben Crowden » 17 Apr 2019, 12:06

adelfio wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 00:03
Send for their wedding record to get her parents name and I think she was born in Corigliano

COMUNE DI CONEGLIANO
P.zza Cima, 8 -
31015 Conegliano (TV)
Italy

email: protocollo@comune.conegliano.tv.it

OGGETTO: Richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimono Giuseppe Oberti il 1873 nato Lovere and Augusta Fabrisi il 1888 nato Conegliano

Un esempio per richiedere il documento via e-mail

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persones
Nome e cognome : Giuseppe Oberti
Nome e cognome del padre: Giuseppe Oberti son of deceased Lorenzo
Nome e cognome della madre: Caterina Volpi
Nome moglie: Augusta Fabris
Luongo di nascita: Conegliano
Data di nascita: 1888
Luongo di matrimono: Conegliano
Data di matrimono 1910
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione.
Distinti saluti,

NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID DATE RETURN ENEVELOPE WITH ADDRESS

Marty
Thanks! What would be on her wedding record? I believe her father's name was Pietro, but would it tell me anything more?

And am I emailing the commune with this? You mention a return envelope?

Thanks,

Ben

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio » 17 Apr 2019, 15:26

Email first then find out if she was born in Conegliano where she was married I think so.
If that doesnt work than try mail to get parents name it says on his birth record sidenote

Marty

Marty