Giochino Novello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Giochino Novello

Post by Marlena »

Hello!
1. I am trying to figure out who are the parents of Giochino? Are they Giochino Novello and Antonia Lima?

2. How are Rafaelle and Tomasso Novello related to Giochino father of the baby?

3. How is Salvatore Pagano related?

Rafaelle Novello is my 5th great grandfather. Thank you!

Marlena

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
bbivona
Master
Master

Re: Giochino Novello

Post by bbivona »

Marlena wrote: 14 May 2019, 01:42 Hello!
1. I am trying to figure out who are the parents of Gioachino? Are they Gioachino Novello and Antonina Lima?

2. How are Raffaele and Tommaso Novello related to Gioachino father of the baby?

3. How is Salvadore Pagano related?

Raffaele Novello is my 5th great grandfather. Thank you!

Marlena

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Raffaele Novello, age 52, is the father of the baby. Antonina Lima, age 45, is the mother of the baby. Tommaso Novello (deceased) is the father of Raffaele. Gioachino Lima (deceased) is Antonina’s father. The baby was given the name of Gioachino Novello.

Salvadore Pagano was a witness, as was Giuseppe di Maria. No relationship to the family noted for them.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Thank you bbivona !
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

Using the usual naming patterns, this was likely their second son. Another possibility is that a second son was named Gioachino and died before this date, and this is a second Gioachino to assure that the maternal grandfather is honored with a namesake that survives. That happened in Sicily with some frequency. In Sicily the naming patterns are really strong - first son named after paternal GF, second after maternal GF. First daughter named after paternal GM, second after maternal GM.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra