Sanson family from Povolaro, Dueville, Vicenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
renansanson

Sanson family from Povolaro, Dueville, Vicenza

Post by renansanson » 06 Jul 2019, 06:42

Hello,

After a lot of research, I found the birth certificate of my great-great-grandfather.
Photo Jul 06, 1 13 01 AM.png
Giuseppe Sanson and his parents (Feliciano Sanson and Angela Zaccaria) moved to Brazil in 1887.These are my ancestors in 1906:
PHOTO-2018-07-27-11-01-40.jpg
I really would like to know how I can get more information about his father, Feliciano Sanson, and any further information about my ancestors behind him. The only thing I know is that he was born around 1825 (he was 81 years old in this picture), and his parents, according to his death certificate, were called ESTEPHANO (probably Stefano Sanson) and MARIA. It shows they were born and died in Italy, but I don't know anything about them.

Is there anyone here who could help me? Is there a way to search this information on the internet? I am really stuck in my research right now because I may have collected all information possible from Brazil, but almost anything from Italy as I don't live there, and I don't speak Italian as well.

I really appreciate your help and attention. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sanson family from Povolaro, Dueville, Vicenza

Post by adelfio » 09 Jul 2019, 19:23

Send this in letter to along with $20.00 your money

Curia Vescovile di Vicenza
Archivio di Diocesano
Piazza Dumo 10
36100 Vicenza
Italy

Parrochia della S. Sebastiano di Polovaro
Piazza Redentore 78
36031 Dueville (VI)
Italy

Rev. Parroco di S. Sebastiano
09 July 2020

Reverendo Padre,

Mi risulta che il mio bis- bisnonno, Feliciano Sanson, figlio di fu Stefano Sanson (1825 cerro nati) fu battezzato nella il parrocchio i al 1858. Le sarei molto grato se potesse cercare il suo atto di battesimo e l'atto di matrimonio dei suoi parent. Nel caso riuscisse a trovarli, vorrei pregarla di spedirmene gli estratti con i nomi dei genitori così come sono registrati.
Se, tuttavia, non risultasse nulla sotto il nome Sanson il Brazil, Le sarei comunque molto gratoa se mo lo facesse sapere.
Alla presente accludo $20.00. In caso non fosse sufficiente, La prego di farmi sapere quanto ancora Le devo.
Ringraziando La fin d'ora per quanto potra' fare, La saluto cordialmente.

NAME ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER 20.00 DOLLARS PHOTO ID AND COPY OF BAPTISMAL EXTRACT 1858

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 11 Jul 2019, 00:25

Thank you very much adelfio! I'll send this letter as soon as possible!

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 26 Sep 2019, 01:07

Hey guys, do you know what it is written here? I can't understand this handwriting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 » 26 Sep 2019, 06:22

Stefano (Sanson), son of Feliciano Sanson, and of his wife Laura? (Berdin), the daughter of deceased Francesco Berdin, born today at circa? .... was baptised from me, Francesco Panizzi?, Priest. Godfather was Antonio Rizzi.

(What a fantastic family photo!!!! It looks like Feliciano is smiling? It's very unusual to see this in photos of this timeframe.) :)

Angela

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno » 27 Sep 2019, 00:42

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 06:22
Stefano (Sanson), son of Feliciano Sanson, and of his wife Laura (Berdin), the daughter of deceased Francesco Berdin, born today at "nacque hoggi a h 16 c(irc)a" was baptised from me, Francesco Peruzzi, Priest "P(arro)co". Godfather was Antonio Rizzi.

(What a fantastic family photo!!!! It looks like Feliciano is smiling? It's very unusual to see this in photos of this timeframe.) :)

Angela

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 28 Sep 2019, 05:15

Wow, amazing!! Thank you guys!!
AngelaGrace56 wrote:
Stefano (Sanson), son of Feliciano Sanson, and of his wife Laura? (Berdin), the daughter of deceased Francesco Berdin, born today at circa? .... was baptised from me, Francesco Panizzi?, Priest. Godfather was Antonio Rizzi.

Angela
Yes, I think he was smiling in this photo! They were newcomers in Brazil when this picture was taken. One thing is surprising is how old Feliciano was for someone in that time. People normally died with half of his age. He really was a gentle man.

My great grandfather is that baby using a kind of dress on the lap of his mother.

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 28 Sep 2019, 05:17

I have to thanks Gaspare Paoletti for helping me on this research. He did an amazing job. Thanks to him, I found 3 more generation of ancestors. Thanks a lot!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 » 28 Sep 2019, 06:20

renansanson wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 05:15
Wow, amazing!! Thank you guys!!
AngelaGrace56 wrote:

Angela
Yes, I think he was smiling in this photo! They were newcomers in Brazil when this picture was taken. One thing is surprising is how old Feliciano was for someone in that time. People normally died with half of his age. He really was a gentle man.

My great grandfather is that baby using a kind of dress on the lap of his mother.
You are very welcome for the help. It must have been such a long and tiring journey with nine children!!! Great to have this photo.

Angela

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 09 Nov 2019, 12:21

Sorry guys, I'm here again. Would you mind helping me to translate these documents? Thanks.

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno » 10 Nov 2019, 00:10

Can you post the pages complete?

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 10 Nov 2019, 00:18

mmogno wrote:
10 Nov 2019, 00:10
Can you post the pages complete?
Sure thing. Thank you!

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno » 10 Nov 2019, 01:39

1712 12 Jan(uar)ij
Felicianus natus hodie ex coniugibus Stefano, et Catharina Sansoni huius parochiae baptizatus fuit a me Jo(anne) Georgio Rectore huius parochiae Duarumvillarum, Patrini fuere Joseph Berna huius parochiae, et Andreina uxor Octavij(?) Natali de ista parochia.

Adì 5(?) 7bre 1778
Feliciano q(uonda)m Stefano Sanson d'anni 66 c(irc)a munito de ss (santissimi) sac(ramen)ti passò all'altra vita jeri alle 11 nella Par(occhi)a di Doville e fu accompagnato oggi a questa sua sepoltura all'Alt(ar)e del ssmo (santissimo) Nome(?) di Gesù in questa Chiesa ove dopo i soliti uffizi fu sepolto da me Paroco alle ore 16 c(irc)a con l'assistenza de ????

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 10 Nov 2019, 02:40

mmogno wrote:
10 Nov 2019, 01:39
1712 12 Jan(uar)ij
Felicianus natus hodie ex coniugibus Stefano, et Catharina Sansoni huius parochiae baptizatus fuit a me Jo(anne) Georgio Rectore huius parochiae Duarumvillarum, Patrini fuere Joseph Berna huius parochiae, et Andreina uxor Octavij(?) Natali de ista parochia.

Adì 5(?) 7bre 1778
Feliciano q(uonda)m Stefano Sanson d'anni 66 c(irc)a munito de ss (santissimi) sac(ramen)ti passò all'altra vita jeri alle 11 nella Par(occhi)a di Doville e fu accompagnato oggi a questa sua sepoltura all'Alt(ar)e del ssmo (santissimo) Nome(?) di Gesù in questa Chiesa ove dopo i soliti uffizi fu sepolto da me Paroco alle ore 16 c(irc)a con l'assistenza de ????
Wow, absolutely astonishing! Thank you very much mmogno! I'm feeling bad for not giving back as the same effort as you guys are giving to me.

I'm having problems to read another one, which is a death certificate number 21 (Stefano Sanson). I am precisely interested on the address. It is written "Corvo", which I found out that is a street name in Dueville. The last word, however, I couldn't understand.

I figured out that Feliciano Sanson (1712-1778) was buried in Montecchio Precalcino. Curiously there is a street name there called Via Feliciano Sanson. Do you guys know if there is a way to discover if there is any relationship with my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather?

renansanson

Post by renansanson » 16 Nov 2019, 09:22

Hello all, I'm here again.

I found a book that one of my ancestors from 1700's is cited. This book, however, is in Italian and almost impossible to find outside the country:

LUCIO GAMBI - La popolazione delle campagne italiane in età moderna: atti del convegno della Società di demografia storica, tenutosi a Torino il 3-5 dicembre 1987
https://books.google.com/books?hl=pt-BR ... ano+sanson

The only part of the text I could take (from Google Books, which doesn't permit to see the rest of it)

" Alcune furono però costrette ad alienare tutta o in parte l'esigua proprietà; altre ancora ad intaccare od ipotecare beni che erano di per sé inalienabili per vincoli di dote o di fidecommisso. Tale fu ad esempio il caso di Feliciano Sanson che nel 1767, dichiarava di ritrovarsi «in stato di povertà e condur una vita stentata massime ne correnti anni penuriosi coll'esserci- tio di bracente o sia operaio (oltre poca terra in via di livello)."

It seems that the entire page explains the hard reality of Dueville/Montecchio Precalcino in that time and maybe there is more of information about my ancestors.

Is there any way to check in any Italian online library database?