Opinions......

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Opinions......

Post by wldspirit »

Smart draw does have some excellent features......but I can't justify the price @197.00.......not for software anyway........

I have power point on this new computer.....but I have yet to use it...
will take a look at it.......

Kids today know more about computers and programs than we do.......
whenever I get stuck....... :? .....I call one of my boys in to the rescue.....

Marisa....anyone can paint!!!.....Check out Donna Dewberry......she has a method that will have you on your way to painting murals!!!!!!

Now to find the perfect genealogy program......... :wink:
wldspirit
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi everyone,
Hey Marisa, so it is true what they say about Scots, I always thought that came from Southern England's misconceived analogies of more northern parts. Here in Liverpool amongst other not so nice things said about us we also don't like paying full price purely because we know you can get it a lot cheaper down at the pub. Too many years at being a port I presume.

Janice I will definitely check out that software. I used to be involved in Landscape and construction but went back to uni to become an archaeologist I have always felt more comfortable with the dead, I never grown bored at looking at skeleton expressions. No but seriously I probably started the other end of the spectrum in using autocad and now I do a lot with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) with interlinked databases. Ironically I have got to go on a learning curve with HTML because as everyone here knows heritage is now all about increased access and that comes via the internet.
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Has anyone ever tried this program? This site apparently offers several free genealogy programs but I haven't downloaded any of them.

http://www.ldscatalog.com/webapp/wcs/st ... y_rn=13669

Forgot to link! :oops: :oops:

Nuccia :?:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

jcsm400 wrote:Check this one
http://www.familytreelegends.com/
:)
This looks pretty good and very reasonably priced!

Nuccia :D
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

OK - a slight departure. I can never get my tree to print nicely anyway because my printer can only handle A4 paper maximum. If its artistry you are after I found this site http://www.ancestryprinting.com/ and a few others like it that will print it more professionally for you. Just an idea. 8) You can add a photographic background to you chart - or anything else that takes your fancy. Check out the bit about 'Enhancing Your Family Tree Chart'. Its quite a good site.

Yes Mark - its true what they say about us Scots. Where is this pub? I'll be down tomorrow! Anyway, I wouldn't worry, you should here what the folk up here say about those who inhabit that south-east corner!!!

Wildspirit - believe me - it would have to be a paint-by-numbers mural! I have never been able to draw. :roll: I would love to be artistic - but it just aint happening! I've been told I draw like a four-year-old!!!!!

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

I'm really good at stick figures & getting paint in my hair.

Is that considered artistic? :lol: :lol:
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

Hello All;

Need to run something by you..............

A friend that was adopted (through Quebec) finally received her birth Mother's medical records all but the medical stuff was blanked out so she couldn't even see Birth Name (surname) (there are siblings out there too) her Mother died in 1996 at the age of 55 of cancer in an Ottawa Ontario Hospital.

My question is were would one even begin to search........Death Notices....Obits to start??

Any info would be appreciated.

Janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Janice,

For obits and stuff have your friend post a request on find a grave...they're really good with things like that.

http://www.findagrave.com/forums/postli ... PHPSESSID=

Hope this helps and let us know how it turns out!

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

jcsm400 wrote:I'm really good at stick figures & getting paint in my hair.

Is that considered artistic? :lol: :lol:
I got a "A" in stick drawing and still use it to this day faithfully! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Nuccia,

Thanks for the chuckle!

Hugs
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

nuccia wrote:Has anyone ever tried this program? This site apparently offers several free genealogy programs but I haven't downloaded any of them.

http://www.ldscatalog.com/webapp/wcs/st ... y_rn=13669

Forgot to link! :oops: :oops:

Nuccia :?:
This does sound good. And its FREE!
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

Thanks Nuccia

She doesn't have a computor so since our search went so well she asked if I could try for her. She has a degenerative disability affecting her inner ear (affects her balance and equilibrium) so cannot sit and work the computor (too fast and gives her migraines and nausea) I love her like a sister so want to try.

It will be abit more challenging without having a name but I am up for a challenge.

Little by little the story is emerging on the Wayne Family history may have to take a notebook and take notes while I am there in order to give you all the whole story...........and pictures are on their way and will take new ones of all the clan to post when I get back

Hugs and Kisses
Janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I just downloaded it! Of course since it's not a trial offer I can keep it. There's a companion to one of the versions (downloaded it too for fun) because I have nothing better to do!

Says it has different options for printing charts and trees and stuff and if you want to pay for the full version (under $7.00) then you can print your tree in color and on fan charts as far back as...haven't gotten that far yet!

It's a bit cold, too at first but let me see once I figure out the "fun" stuff and I'll let you know!

I have so much work to do and I'm playing with programs. Meanwhile, I just committed to a major power point presentation to my boss which I need to present to the management team in less then 2 weeks. 8O 8O 8O When will I ever learn! :x :x

Nuccia :(
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

jancrowe wrote:Thanks Nuccia

She doesn't have a computor so since our search went so well she asked if I could try for her. She has a degenerative disability affecting her inner ear (affects her balance and equilibrium) so cannot sit and work the computor (too fast and gives her migraines and nausea) I love her like a sister so want to try.

Hugs and Kisses
Janice

I know what this is like. I suffer From a similar thing. Got it when I was pregnant with Jenny. But mine comes and goes whenever it feels like it!

Ok then, start a new post on this and we'll see what happens.

Nuccia :D